Sign in to follow this  
Spokes

DJM handgun range is now open

The newly rebuilt Dleran Junior Marksman handgun range has been inspected by the NRA and subsequently approved by the township engineer for use. The handgun range reopened yesterday at 2:00 PM after a brief ribbon cutting ceremony. Non members are always welcome.

The Twp. went back and forth with DJM trying to wear the club down. After almost a year of bickering, the DJM Board told the DJM attorney to notify the Twp. that DJM intended to sue. The Twp. (all of a sudden) become more interested in resolving the problem rather than deal with the lawsuit. Plans were drawn up and submitted ot the NRA and the modifications were made. The range was inspected by the NRA and the Twp. engineer and approval was given to reopen the handgun range.

DJM isn't new. The club was started in 1962 and has been in continuous operation since that time. The handgun range was closed down by the Twp. for a bunch of months but the rest of the facility was still open. The handgun range has been rebuilt and can be considered new.

They did an excellent job. It's one of the nicest pistol ranges I've seen. 19 positions - 5 yd, 7 yd, 10yd, 15 yd and 25 yd. NRA said it was one of the best they've seen too. I have to admit, I never thought we'd see it open again. A lesson in never giving up.