DevsAdvocate

Need an FFL near Morristown to handle a transfer.

You can search on Gun Broker. The listing also has the fees charged, however, call the dealer and find out what is included in the fee posted. Often times it does not include NICS ($15 here in NJ). If it is a handgun, they may also charge for the postage for registered mail to distribute the copies of the P2P, and then there is the state sales tax.

I like to look for a dealer that does not retail firearms - they are getting harder to find, but a repair guy/gunsmith that works from their residence is ideal. Low overhead and no axe to grind about, "I could have ordered this for you, why'd you buy it on the Internet", whether those feelings are expressed or not, they certainly factor in to how you are treated. A non-retail guy is glad to get the extra money for doing some paperwork and running it through their books.

Good luck with your quest.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

...I like to look for a dealer that does not retail firearms - they are getting harder to find, but a repair guy/gunsmith that works from their residence is ideal. Low overhead and no axe to grind about, "I could have ordered this for you, why'd you buy it on the Internet", whether those feelings are expressed or not, they certainly factor in to how you are treated. A non-retail guy is glad to get the extra money for doing some paperwork and running it through their books....

Constitution Arms in Maplewood fits the above description - does not retail firearms, works out of his house. He's not the cheapest though - $50 out the door for FFL transfers.