Sign in to follow this  
Radek

AK Quick Detach Scope Mount (split topic)

Sorry Maks, I have to back out of this one. I just checked my Henderson AK and the receiver doesn't have a slide plate! It's going to require drill-tap for the plate. I have to re-think if a dust cover rail would be an option to install a scope.

===========

Do you know if this mount is solid after (sliding over side plate and then) turning the lever, i.e., is the spring tension enough just by the 180 degrees turn?

If yes, I will take it.

Sorry Maks, I have to back out of this one. I just checked my Henderson AK and the receiver doesn't have a slide plate! It's going to require drill-tap for the plate. I have to re-think if a dust cover rail would be an option to install a scope.

===========

Do you know if this mount is solid after (sliding over side plate and then) turning the lever, i.e., is the spring tension enough just by the 180 degrees turn?

If yes, I will take it.

dust cover rails generally do NOT hold 0 well.. it MAY hold 0 at first.. but after several cleanings and pulling the cover the optics will be all over the place.. I strongly suggest staying away from that..

This is a nice did modelunt. What? As mentioned before, the cover mounts tend to lose zero as the plate rattles around.p

Ok, so cover mount is out ...

I have this topco unit on it, but it's too forward for a scope (e.g., 3-9x30/40, or higher).

Does someone make a rail attachment that can take the rail/rings rearward? Not sure if it will be stable enough though because it would have be a long rail for it to be just over the mag area ...

This is a nice did modelunt. What? As mentioned before, the cover mounts tend to lose zero as the plate rattles around.p

Ok, so cover mount is out ...

I have this topco unit on it, but it's too forward for a scope (e.g., 3-9x30/40, or higher).

Does someone make a rail attachment that can take the rail/rings rearward? Not sure if it will be stable enough though because it would have be a long rail for it to be just over the mag area ...

Just drill/tap the side of the receiver. If you want a 3x9 it ain't going to be able to mount up front, and in back, you're left with crappy dust cover mounts, "dog leg" or "beryl" rails that cost as much as the gun did, or drill and tap for a side mount. You could also rivet one (that's how it's done at the factory)