junkmanted

not so pretty Mosin with lots of history

wow. Great story on that one.

Only thing it is missing is being an Ex Dragoon fighting in the Spanish civil war. =) :icon_e_biggrin:

currently have a discussion of what the MO marks mean on a russian firearms forum... as MO is absolutely not "Ministerstvo Oborovno", er Ministry of Defense, as well, it didnt exist back then.

Common belief it was marked for "Moscowskaya Oblast", meaning Moscow Region. In either case... great piece!

wow. Great story on that one.

Only thing it is missing is being an Ex Dragoon fighting in the Spanish civil war. =) :icon_e_biggrin:

currently have a discussion of what the MO marks mean on a russian firearms forum... as MO is absolutely not "Ministerstvo Oborovno", er Ministry of Defense, as well, it didnt exist back then.

Common belief it was marked for "Moscowskaya Oblast", meaning Moscow Region. In either case... great piece!

Maksim can you give me a link to that site please

Ted, unless you speak and read Russian... it is futile. =) Furthermore, google will not give an accurate translation.

Can you translate this I got this off ebay about 10 years ago if i remember it is a Kirov Chronometer

I also collect and repair antique clocks and watches.

100_1282.jpg

100_1283.jpg