Sign in to follow this  
david8613

how do you store you hd shotgun?

I don't even have my HD shotgun yet but I have a project planned for when I do. I want to get one of these:

SC-1 lock

sc-5 lock

and hardwire it (w/ 110 converter?) in my closet with a hidden switch.

I know it's a little complicated but I think it's the best compromise between quick access and security.

p.s. I also have a backup generator in addition to the backup key.

Mine is my mossberg 500 within reach and loaded tube but none in chamber so i can make that nice loud racking noise so they have a chance to run because i wont miss. :icon_twisted:

Just picked up my Mossberg 500 Persuader on Saturday, and that's exactly how I have it loaded. Put 25 rounds of 2 3/4" 00 buckshot through it right after I picked it up, just to get the feel of it. Not a real joy to shoot, but seems like it's a great HD/SD/SHTF weapon.

GENERALLY my M930SPX has the tube full, it's not cocked, and the safety is on. I know there are plenty of other ways to do it and plenty of tweaks to this, that's just my blend of comfort vs. comfort. I.e. peace of mind it's safe and peace of mind it's ready to deploy in life saving use.

When I had my Benelli Supernova which was AWESOME, a 24" SteadyGrip pistol-grip-stock model with a red fiber optic front sight, and amazing lines and handling- Very much exactly like what Mossberg is calling their "Tactical Turkey" guns. I kept that full tube,with the gun's safety on and a round in the chamber but the chamber was open and pump back. So I could simply push it forward to load the round and have it ready to shoot.... BUT I had to make that conscious move- Rack forward to load it. I will keep a future-to-be-purchased Benelli SNT the same way. Now I keep the safety's on safe, even if this is not Cruiser Ready or proper whatever. On guns I have with safetys, like "ON-OFF" switches", I keep them on Safe. I was raised with a Glock and learned when I was 7, or 8? How the safe-action trigger worked, and the 3 internal safetys, lack of ON OFF Switch.

Having said that, IF my Glock had an off-on switch I would most likely use it.

Thanks Paul, but I thought I made that pretty clear.

he was just racking up post counts, not to be rude or anything but i see him do that a lot!

"Cruiser Ready" Tube loaded none in the chamber. leaning next to my bed. No kiddies running around the house.

Yup, and high up in the closet where she can't reach.

Rob, what are you talking about homie?