Sign in to follow this  
silentheaven

Just put my app in, hoping for the best

So just 2 days ago I had my finger printing done and put my app in that same evening. While I have a completely clean history with nothing more than a speeding ticket, I live with my brother who hasnt had such a clean history. He has drug charges and some hospitalization due to ODing on various OTC medicines. I hope that this will not get in the way of me getting my permit. I already have hired an attorney to help with everything as I would rather pay the attorney and have less of a chance of being denied than having to go through an appeal. Anyways, I know no one can give a yes or no to my situation, but how does my situation sound to everyone? I really think its just me being nervous lol :p thanks!!

There've been a few good discussions about safes here in the past couple of months. Check back through the old threads, and you'll find some helpful information and recommendations.

I don't think you really need a lawyer but if you insist, why not. As for your brother, do you live with him or share the same name? If so then you might have an issue. But if not, then you should be good to go.

I don't think you really need a lawyer but if you insist, why not. As for your brother, do you live with him or share the same name? If so then you might have an issue. But if not, then you should be good to go.

Yea, we live together and have the same last name. I figured it cant hurt so I may as well get the extra help with an attorney.

not a lawyer but if he has any convictions that prevent him from handling firearms does living in the same house as you allow him access that violates his legal inability to handle guns? like I know someone who has a felony drug conviction when he was young and stated that he can not have a gun or shoot guns..

not a lawyer but if he has any convictions that prevent him from handling firearms does living in the same house as you allow him access that violates his legal inability to handle guns? like I know someone who has a felony drug conviction when he was young and stated that he can not have a gun or shoot guns..

Well nothing has been said about his ability to handle guns since there was never any violence in his history. While for example if he were to apply he would be denied his permit, but there is nothing that specifically states he cannot handle a firearm.

What the initial issue is, is granting a FID, not what guns are in the house or who has access to them. I wouldn't have waisted money on a lawyer untill it was turned down by the PD and County court, neither of which have good cause to do so in your situation.