Sign in to follow this  
The_Matrix

Star Wars and WW2 weapons

I was watching Star Wars with my son (the first one, A New Hope) and I noticed the stormtroopers all have WW2 weapons. They have Sterlings and MG34. Watch the scene with Obi One and Luke on the landspeeder when they are stopped by the stormtroopers in the city limits.

A lot of guns in Star wars were based off of WWII guns.

The E-11 Blaster rifles that you see most of the stormtroopers carry are props built off of Sterling L2A3 SMGs, as was the Rebel trooper's DH-17 Blaster Pistols (First scene where they're trying to hold off the assault on the Blockade Runner).

The long T-21 light repeating blasters (the REALLY long rifles) that the Sandtroopers carried in Mos Eisley were based off of MG34s and WWI Lewis MGs.

Han Solo's DL-44 Heavy Blaster pistol is based off of the Mauser C96.

The blaster that Princess Leia used on the blockade runner was based off of a Soviet Margolin .22 MT target pistol.

The Jawa blasters were Lee-Enfield No. 1 MKIII's with the Grenade launcher cup attached to a cutoff barrel.

In ESB some of the guns were based off of STG44s.

A lot of guns in Star wars were based off of WWII guns.

The E-11 Blaster rifles that you see most of the stormtroopers carry are props built off of Sterling L2A3 SMGs, as was the Rebel trooper's DH-17 Blaster Pistols (First scene where they're trying to hold off the assault on the Blockade Runner).

bs13690-83559-albums-random-pics-pic43266-nerds-ogre.jpg

NERDS!

Err, I mean, impressive display of Star Wars trivia there Krdshrk!

:icon_e_biggrin: