Guest *_*

What are the NJSP using for radar?

Now I'm going to have to dig out my V1. Anyone want to buy it if I can find it? It's got laser.

I'm interested depending on how updated it is. Input the serial number here: http://www.valentine1.com/upgrades/ to see what upgrades are needed.

I'm interested depending on how updated it is. Input the serial number here: http://www.valentine1.com/upgrades/ to see what upgrades are needed.

It's pretty old. I bought it in 1995. I think I input the numbers a while back and they wanted $199 to upgrade it. It still worked the last time I used it, but that was several years ago.

passive and active radar jamming articles on this page, might wanna check them out.

http://www.radarbusters.com/producttestintroarticle.cfm

From article:

Costly Radar Jammer problems

·

You could be fined thousands of dollars, you could be jailed and/or be placed on federal probation.

It is a federal felony to possess, operate or sell these jammers.

Because of this, Radar Roy does NOT offer the Scorpion radar jammer for sale.

I look at it this way.... if you are speeding... dont **** if you get caught.

If you are fined... yes, you can go to court 5 times, for at least 3 hours... that is 15 hours....

You might save yourself $100, but is your time worth $6 an hour, not including time spent driving, tolls, and gas.

I know MINE is worth $60.00 an hour....with a 3 hour minimum.

Laser jammers are covered under the CFR and fall under the jurisdiction of the Food and Drug Administration, just like laser sights and laser bore sighters. http://www.accessdata.fda.gov/scripts/cdrh/cfdocs/cfcfr/cfrsearch.cfm?fr=1040.10

They are not illegal in NJ, but please don't tell your state representative about them, because the next time we have a Bolshevik governor, they might be! Most Lidar guns give specific error codes when they're jammed now, so the LEO is aware of what's happening.

I dont expect that we'll get lasers anytime soon, so i dont really care one way or the other, and when i travel, i'm usually not prone to speeding that much, so i never looked into it. That said, i do wonder if the jammers might not be hazardous, since every laser emitter i know of has thet warning sticker on the side.

How long has NJ been using laser guns?

NJSP has had them for several years; I want to say 3-5 years now.

It's been used longer than that. I think the NJSP first started using them maybe 10 years ago, then the NJSC threw out all laser tickets because they weren't adequately trained and the technology wasn't validated. A few years later they had gotten trained and validated the technology and started using laser again, maybe 7-8 years ago.

I received my last ticket from a LIDAR trap right before the 2004 election. So it's been more than 6 years.

That said, i do wonder if the jammers might not be hazardous, since every laser emitter i know of has thet warning sticker on the side.

This may be going too far into the minutiae of electronic countermeasures, but there was a laser jammer manufactured about 10 years ago that was powerful enough that it could be argued that it might be hazardous. AFAIK it was never proven to be hazardous, but it was powerful enough to do very strange things to police laser guns. Subsequent models from the manufacturer were toned down. The designer is dead now (nothing to to with the jammers!), and the company was sold and moved to Europe, so it's unlikely that you'll ever see one. All newer laser jammers are so weak that there really isn't any serious hazard. If there were, the FDA would quickly shut the manufacturer down.

One nice thing about LIDAR is that it isn't accurate when used through glass. The LEOs need to either stand outside their cars or shoot through an open window. As the weather gets colder and nasty, the chances of getting hit by LIDAR diminish -- until Spring comes and than it starts all over again!

I look at it this way.... if you are speeding... dont **** if you get caught.

If you are fined... yes, you can go to court 5 times, for at least 3 hours... that is 15 hours....

You might save yourself $100, but is your time worth $6 an hour, not including time spent driving, tolls, and gas.

I know MINE is worth $60.00 an hour....with a 3 hour minimum.

I never higher a lawyer for minor traffic offenses. Its no fun if I can't represent myself. Worse case scenario is I loose and pay the ticket and take the points. I have already accepted that risk, so now its fun time. I get to play lawyer with minimal risk. Each time you get better and better so it is a skill worth developing through practice. The skill learned has many other applications in life.

I'm not trying to save $100. I am willing to spend the inequivalent of $800+ in my personal time to cost the state as much money as possible... which could run $3,000+ when you factor in all the court personal. That means even if I loose the case and pay the ticket, the Police State looses money on me. I win.

You have a much better chance of wining in court if you enjoy being there. You have to take pride and pleasure in tying up a corrupt system that is out to take advantage of people. When I go there I am in no rush to leave. I sit in the court all day and look for patterns that become very clear after a while and are very exploitable weaknesses. If you turn it into a mentally challenging game that is fun, you don't loose no matter what, because you had fun doing it. Traffic court counts on the fact that people don't want to be there and will pay anything to get out. Never do what they expect you to do. Never be predictable.

I have been a competitive swordman for years. I naturally enjoy competitive challenges. I have also fought through some Sales Tax audits in my professional career with much higher stakes. It is very similar to a serious poker game.