hotshot

manchester man escapes jail time

Girard held a class A firearms license and all of the guns were legally registered. Girard was charged, however, with illegally possessing so-called "infernal machines," five items originally described as "grenades."

Those devices turned out to be legal smoke and tear gas grenades, and are not covered under the legal definition of infernal machines.

Infernal -

1 : of or relating to a nether world of the dead

2 a : of or relating to hell b : hellish, diabolical

And I thought the wording of New Jersey's firearms laws was over the top

God, I love hyperbole. It's so useful when lawmakers have no idea what they're talking about. Just browse through the dictionary for the most terrifying word to describe something, and watch the ignorant cower in fear and beg to be protected from "infernal machines" and "cop killer bullets".

There ought to be a law.

Gregory Girard, 45, of 23B Bridge St., had charges of discharging a firearm within 500 feet of a dwelling and two counts of illegal possession of silencers continued without a finding for four years by Judge Richard Mori.

Those are the laws he broke. Again, sounds like the media is skewing the story, calling it an "arsenal" when the dude had 11 rifles, and 2 handguns. I mean the dude could have had two "military style rifles" as the media calls it, and then nine other old surplus rifles.

The arrest was heavily publicized after police pulled a collection of 11 rifles and two handguns, thousands of rounds of ammunition, as well as other weapons and military-style gear from his home.

Ummm... the freaking liberal media at it again. Several thousand rounds? That could be 4 boxes of .22!So what's up with 11 Rifles and 2 handguns.... this tells me he WAS NOT ready for Armageddon. Most Hunters have more guns than this... many more! He would have had 20,000+ rounds, 20 rifles (all fully automatic) and 7-8 handguns. He would also have 2 year supply of food, medicine, etc to be prepared for Armageddon.

This is total BS and now people are being arrested for being prepared? Unbelievable....

I think because the guy was cukie is the reason it was publicized. Imagine what they think is an arsenal. Some of us on this forum could be seen the same way.

Remember the how much ammo do you have thread?

This is total BS and now people are being arrested for being prepared?

The article makes it seem this guy was arrested for shooting in his townhouse with his "silencers". he then tried to explain that away as theyw ere flare projectors. The guy wasn't arrested for being prepared he was arrested for being stupid and should be thankful he got no jail time.

We shouldn't run to the defense of everyone arrested with guns as there is a tendency to do on most firearms forums. It does nothing to help our cause and makes us appear a bit whacko to the fencesitters out there.

• Like 4