n4p226r

if you want a top of the line AR. Noveske N4? Knights Armco SR15? Other

So which would it be. I've always planned on getting a Noveske N4 when i can convince the wife we should splurge and get one. But if one was to buy a top of the line AR, which one would you get?

1.) if narrowed down to the above 2, which would you get an why

2.) if any brand was allowed, which would you get and why

KAC SR-15E3 hands down. It is the last true AR developed by the original designer, Eugene Stoner, in what he believed the platform could be improved upon.

My point being that while Mr. Noveske shares the same meticulous machining and manufacturing as KAC, the variations by Noveske are ultimately his own discretion-- whereas KAC's slight variations were laid by the original designer (it would be the equivalent of Mikhail Kalashnikov designing and breathing life into his final AK-variant design first-hand).

I like the thicker barrel profile of the Noveske ARs, but, from the SR-15s I've seen firsthand, the ergonomics of the SR15 are amazing. The trademark URX rail for the SR15 is also pretty interesting. Honestly, a person couldn't go wrong choosing between the two. They're both very well made, finely tuned machines that have seen action, survived, and proven themselves.

Well I can't speak of the Knight's although everything I read is positive. But I can tell you that Noveske makes exceptional ARs and will make them NJ compatible in house. I have 2 Noveskes and they perform flawless and are extremely accurate. I have shot Colts and Bushy and Noveske out shoots both. The fitting on there guns is superb. I would rather buy once, cry once. YMMV.

I would also add BCM to the list.

Between Noveske, KAC, BCM, & DD you really can't go wrong.

The one different thing about the SR15E3 is that it's ambidextrous. Has an ambi safety, mag release, and bolt release/catch.

I have the KAC, it's an amazing rifle. Handled and shot quite a few others, but this was the lightest (for what it comes with), best balanced rifle on the market. I can post up some pics later, I've given it a solid rogering. The best thing about it is the recoil impulse. Coming from an M1A, I don't even notice when it goes off except for the loud "bang". The trigger is silky smooth, ambi controls allow for much quicker reloads when you can drop a mag and put the bolt back into battery with the same FINGER. I put a Battlecomp on mine right away and it stays on target when I pull the trigger. I'm probably taking her to BH tomorrow morning, wouldn't mind showing it off.

photo-30-1.jpg

photo-34.jpg

My next upper will be a Noveske, but I will likely stick with KAC lowers FOREVER. Too complete of a package.