I believe its OK since its not on the banned list. Further, its not an evil modern black rifle, but rather a historical rifle from World War 2. I know the M1 carbine fits this category, but NJ politicians have an IQ of a dead animal and they are just thieves stealing taxpayers' money.

The SVT has a detachable magazine, bayonet lug and a flash suppressor. What makes it legal?

It is legal rifle because:

1. It is not named weapon on the list

2. It is not a clone of any weapon on the list

3. If numbers #1 and #2 are true then the component ban does not matter for said rifle

It does not have a flash hider,it is a muzzle brake.

A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock; NO

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; No

(3) A bayonet mount; yes

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; No

(5) A grenade launcher No

It does not have a flash hider,it is a muzzle brake.

A semi-automatic rifle that has the ability to accept a detachable magazine and has at least

two of the following:

(1) A folding or telescoping stock; NO

(2) A pistol grip that protrudes conspicuously beneath the action of the weapon; No

(3) A bayonet mount; yes

(4) A flash suppressor or threaded barrel designed to accommodate a flash

suppressor; No

(5) A grenade launcher No

None of this matters anyway since the firearm is neither on the list nor a clone of a weapon on the list. For example: A Ruger 10/22 with a pistol grip, folding stock and flash supressor on a unpinned threaded barrel is legal in New Jersey despite what rumors have been spread on these forums about a blanket component ban across all rifles.

None of this matters anyway since the firearm is neither on the list nor a clone of a weapon on the list. For example: A Ruger 10/22 with a pistol grip, folding stock and flash supressor on a unpinned threaded barrel is legal in New Jersey despite what rumors have been spread on these forums about a blanket component ban across all rifles.

Tell that to the State Police... Try to purchase A KelTec RFB or a Bushmaster ACR or an FN SCAR or a Robinson Arms XCR. Technically you are correct as I have argued this point numerous times that they are new designs unlike anything banned in 1990 but who is willing to be the test case...

• Like 1

You are correct if the judge that hears your case has any common sense and doesn't have a anti gun bias. That being an extremely risky proposition I would not recommend owning a gun that has to many of the "evil features" listed in the AG's guidelines. Since the police use this guideline for making arrests you will more than likely have a big (and expensive) problem on your hands should you get caught with one.

Tell that to the State Police... Try to purchase A KelTec RFB or a Bushmaster ACR or an FN SCAR or a Robinson Arms XCR. Technically you are correct as I have argued this point numerous times that they are new designs unlike anything banned in 1990 but who is willing to be the test case...

me me me! Everyone just send me the money to buy a FN SCAR and I will purchase one and shoot it and enjoy it. :icon_mrgreen: