Shawnmoore81

Cliff lee

Is now a phillie again, love it!

He got to screw two New York teams at the same time. As a Met fan, I don't care much because I think we need to break up the team completely and start fresh, so Cliff Lee wouldn't have helped us to the playoffs. As a Yankee hater, that is awesome.

I love the Yankees fans poo-pooing this signing. Makes me laugh so hard!

Go Phillies!

By the way to make this gun oriented.... Cliff Lee is an avid Duck Hunter and Deer Hunter. Both things he can do while living in South Jersey.

I love the Yankees fans poo-pooing this signing. Makes me laugh so hard!

Go Phillies!

By the way to make this gun oriented.... Cliff Lee is an avid Duck Hunter and Deer Hunter. Both things he can do while living in South Jersey.

I dont think anybody is poo-pooing this. I just think that people forget that we are no longer allowed to have pitchers use steriods. Roger Clemens wouldnt have pitched as long as he did, I think its safe to say the Cliff,Sabathia,and any other top notch pitcher will decline around 35-36. Unless they're all on HGH...

Halladay , Lee , Hamels , Oswalt = Incredible !!!!!!!!!!

What can I say, any of the above pitchers would be the Mets ace. If the Phillies pick up a quality right fielder then its over.

I'm a Yankees fan but I'm glad to see the Phillies spending money and having their fan base selling out the stadium. It takes fan support to support the large payrolls and the Phillies fans are finally understanding and supporting it.

Any team but the Red Sox...

not saying anyone here was poo-pooing.... but you should read the national and ny sports blogs. Very funny stuff.

Length of contract is one year longer then I would want.... but I will deal with it. The guy is a specimen and his relationship with Jamie Moyer, they are close, maybe he can pick up some magic/hints on how to pitch effectivley into his late 30's.

Length of contract is one year longer then I would want.... but I will deal with it. The guy is a specimen and his relationship with Jamie Moyer, they are close, maybe he can pick up some magic/hints on how to pitch effectivley into his late 30's.

You are saying this about a 5 year with player option for 6th year contract. As a yankee fan we would have had him for 7 years, not worth it for me. I want us to go out and spend money on young guys. I'm actually not happy about the jeter deal either. Hes a decent player now, but way overpaid.