Destinydog

SCFGPA

Good Morning,

I am in the process of trying to become a member. I sent my letter to the membership comittee about two weeks ago. I had also emailed the membership committee and asked if I could take my NRA First Steps Class at SCFGPA.

I have not received an Email back.

Should I take the class elsewhere or should I wait to hear back from SCFGPA?

Good Morning,

I am in the process of trying to become a member. I sent my letter to the membership comittee about two weeks ago. I had also emailed the membership committee and asked if I could take my NRA First Steps Class at SCFGPA.

I have not received an Email back.

Should I take the class elsewhere or should I wait to hear back from SCFGPA?

It is very unlikely you will ever get a reply to an email. Why dont you take hunters ed? It counts as training and best of all, it is free.

It is very unlikely you will ever get a reply to an email. Why dont you take hunters ed? It counts as training and best of all, it is free.

Hunter's Ed. courses at SCFGPA are all for Bow. The Clinton WMA courses are all on Sunday mornings. There is one coming up on a Tuesday morning, though. https://www4.wildlifelicense.com/nj/ALS/course/course_report.php

Hunter's Ed. courses at SCFGPA are all for Bow. The Clinton WMA courses are all on Sunday mornings. There is one coming up on a Tuesday morning, though. https://www4.wildlifelicense.com/nj/ALS/course/course_report.php

You can take the rifle and shotgun course at the Norther Regional Office in Clinton, NJ, which is only 20min or so away from SCFGPA. Both GlennP and I are instructors.

You can take the rifle and shotgun course at the Norther Regional Office in Clinton, NJ, which is only 20min or so away from SCFGPA. Both GlennP and I are instructors.

I'll have to watch the schedule for one of those that is on a Saturday morning. I've already downloaded and started to read the course materials.

I never had an email response to my own emails but they did finally call me, and when they did it was to schedule my safety class. My winning combination was to put all their application materials in writing and just mail it to them. That way maybe there's a physical item to hold your place in line.

I attended the new member meeting last Thursday evening, so now I'm on my 90 day probationary period. I wonder how many people would have to request it for SCFGPA to install hanging target holders on zip cords. Correct me if I'm wrong but that would allow people to work on close range (7-10 yard) shot placement while other people shot the full distance.

I attended the new member meeting last Thursday evening, so now I'm on my 90 day probationary period. I wonder how many people would have to request it for SCFGPA to install hanging target holders on zip cords. Correct me if I'm wrong but that would allow people to work on close range (7-10 yard) shot placement while other people shot the full distance.

It should be as simple as showing up to a meeting and voting on it

You could always bring your own free-standing target stand. I made one out of PVC tubing and 1" wooden stakes that I place at whatever distance I want to shoot.