Sign in to follow this  
GoNRA

Fla. jogger won't be charged for shooting teen

http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/12/fla-jogger-wont-charged-shooting-teen/

TAMPA, Fla. – A pistol-packing jogger in Florida won't be charged for shooting and killing a teenager who attacked him during a midnight run.

Prosecutors said Tuesday they are convinced Thomas Baker acted in self defense when he fired eight shots at 18-year-old Carlos Mustelier near Tampa in November .

Prosecutors say Florida's "stand-your-ground" law was a factor in their decision. The law, passed in 2005, gives people the right to use deadly force as long as they "reasonably believe" it is necessary to stop another person from hurting them.

Baker told police he reached for his gun when the teen punched him in the face. Baker has a concealed weapons permit.

The teen was hit four times in the chest, back and buttocks. He died at the scene.

Read more: http://www.foxnews.com/us/2011/01/12/fla-jogger-wont-charged-shooting-teen/#ixzz1BA1cVele

well he was out numbered and attacked, I heard just a month or so ago about a man being attacked by 4 teens and he died. So I think this is considered self defense in my book. According to the news there was 2 of them.

Hitting the intended target and eliminating a bad guy is good. I'm just thinking about the ones that missed, and if there were bystanders around the area.

You're right Tommy. But, here's something else to think about... Pass-throughs. And colateral damage at midnight on a Jog+-+-

The stress of the situation dictates a bunch. Just as a for instance. Here's a drill for use with airsoft or paint ball.

Have one of your buddies push you backwards so you land on your back or shoulder. As you're falling or as you hit the floor, draw and shoot.

I bet percentage of hit is pretty low.

Just my $.02 for what it's worth...