taysextreme

just venting

ok so ive had my FPID for the past 9 yrs. When i first applied it took 5 months to come back. Back then i was really into handguns. Times were different back then(no 1 handgun per 30days rule) i mainly spend my cash at meltzers just because Ive had nothing but great experiences there. I picked up all my pistols the day my permits came in and have enjoyed them ever since. anyway, I purchase a house in the same town about 5 yrs ago and never thought to get the address changed. I guess in the back of my mind i figured it would be a simple process. Boy was i mistaken. I began to gain interest in AR's while picking up some ammo. I got an amazing deal on 2 rifles. I went in on 11/26 and was told it should be back in about 3 weeks. I have been calling once a week since 3 wks past and the answer is always the same ( it hasnt come back yet).

Now i sit here with 10 pmags, 2000 rds of ammo, bags, and accesories, looking like an idiot because i cant pick up my rifles (that ive paid in full) because this damn FPID. This is total b.s.

Anyway thx for letting me vent.

It is BS. Especially since it isn't like you don't (didn't) already have a FPID (which is also ridiculous), but it becomes invalid just because you moved houses. Why that makes in invalid? I don't know. But then again there shouldn't be FPID's, or PP's, or other stupid extra things you have to do (and wait absurd amounts of time for) to begin with. I am just glad I am able to maintain my residency out of this terrible state.

Took 5 months for my change of address. They treat it as a brand new FID application, along with all the intentional delays.

I asked them to call the PD from the last township I lived in, and that they should have all my paperwork on file. Fat chance on that...

Took 5 months for my change of address. They treat it as a brand new FID application, along with all the intentional delays.

I asked them to call the PD from the last township I lived in, and that they should have all my paperwork on file. Fat chance on that...

Yea the crazy part is that it's in the same exact town. This is simply ridiculous.

Something's going on ..... put in for PPP's just before Thanksgiving and still don't have them yet, usually takes 4 weeks, was told the mental check didn't come back yet. I got permits two other times last year, it takes 8+ weeks to check I didn't go crazy in the 3 months since I last applied? :mad:

i had just the opossite happen last year in sept it took over 60 days for 2 PP, this time it took under 30 indlcuding xmas, new years and mlk day... what was the difference? i dunno other then i asked the lcerk how her husband was doing and what her kids were up too?????

this makes me wanna just go out and buy a gun in protest...

it would even be better if you buy one WITHOUT a permit! no waiting period, no background check, no registration, no serial number... :icon_e_biggrin:

btw, that's a joke.

It should not have taken anywhere near 3 months. I had to change my address from Hamilton to Ewing. It took 3 weeks total, which also included 2 pistol permits. He said that the reason why it takes "so long" is because he has to obtain my records from Hamilton through the NJSP.