Sign in to follow this  
Malsua

California Doomstead!

Check this place out. The guy sues local balloon companies and aircraft companies to stop flyovers.

Here's the story: http://www.nbclosangeles.com/news/local-beat/Balloons-Grounded-by-Mysterious-Olive-Farm-114900284.html

4 foot thick walls, 24 feet high, turrets on the corners. Very defensible. Very cool! Oh, and a moat! He's got a Moat! LOL

The Google location: http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&sugexp=gsih&xhr=t&q=33.651963,-116.222928&cp=21&safe=off&complete=1&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&tab=wl

bildesitej1date20110130.jpg

Are the people behind the walls legit though? :icon_e_confused:

It wouldn't surprise me if this was a front for something.

That aside, this is pretty neat! I'm just curious though. All of that, and no backup egress routes? I guess they could go running through the olive trees, but I only see two, maybe three, routes out of the compound.

The field of fire sucks thou dontcha think

Damn straight, that's the first thing I thought. First thing you do is clear all that garbage out to range of either your direct fire or theirs. Leaving untouched, of course, a little bit to mark as "bait" on the range card ;)

Seriously, though, that is cool as ****. But even the Irish have mortars and car bombs.

In those lawsuits, JCM Farming has described the compound as a place "to provide a secure meeting place and retreat for VIPs, dignitary (sic) and other notable individuals and/or the companies they represent," according to court documents reviewed by the Daily Sun.

Interesting... Doesn't this place remind you of those compounds you see in drug cartel movies? Makes you wounder ;)

I'd love to shoot a movie there. What a great set.

Now, if I want to assault the place, i'd just lob firebombs over the side till they stop shooting.

Those balloon launchers would do the trick nicely. You could always build a Trebuchet.

Of course, once you got inside, all the food would be poisoned and all the buildings burnt to the ground, but hey, you won.