Sign in to follow this  
superbee

Custom Stainless Forearm/shroud..Sub2000.Pics

Ok well finally got it together....After i put some rounds down the pipe to makesure all is well, i will disassemble then glassbead then decide on what to do for color...Gun-Kote, powder coat etc...........To me the ergonomics are spot on.....I tend to lean toward heavier weapons, and to me its perfect with the added weight...I'm positive its gonna help a ton with keeping that PA M4 red dot on target..As you can see i added all the Tacticool products... I was thinkin i was gonna fab up some kind of cheek piece, but i'm not so sure now...We see after i shoot it...

P2070918.jpg

P2070920.jpg

P2070921.jpg

P2070923.jpg

P2070924.jpg

P2070926.jpg

P2070927.jpg

• Like 1

Nice. How do you like it's performance, in general? And I mean of it plain jane stock. Just wondering as many are quick to shun Hipoint and it's products (I don't have much experience with them). Being a member on other gun-related forums, it seems that their 2000 model is a much better seller than their pistols are.

Cute pups, boxers are great dogs!

Nice. How do you like it's performance, in general? And I mean of it plain jane stock. Just wondering as many are quick to shun Hipoint and it's products (I don't have much experience with them). Being a member on other gun-related forums, it seems that their 2000 model is a much better seller than their pistols are.

Runs flawless...Just have to pick the right ammo...Very impressed with this product....

Oh yea....... American Bulldogs!!!

I have one plain jane stock in .40 S&W. It takes the glock 22 mags. It shoots very nice. I've had a couple of FTE's but the gun may have been dirty or I didn't have a solid hold on it. My lead reloads were flawless last time out. I was hitting a pie plate at 100yds. I guess that's not bad for a pistol carbine. Perfect home defense or plinker.

Superbee - nice job on the update! Very different.

Runs flawless...Just have to pick the right ammo...Very impressed with this product....

I think your metalwork looks great. Nice job. It reminds me of a custom car project.

Not sure if "runs flawless" is meaningful if you have to "pick the right ammo" though...

I kind of like it (once it's painted).. but does it still fold..

I was waiting for your comments!!! Yea it folds. Wont be completley in half, because of the top rail. But it folds enough for a good cleaning and whatever else i need to do to it...

Concealment isnt the reason for me to own a subby.....Its a great little gun and i knew it was gonna be a great platform for me to build off of..Plus i have a ton of .40....:)

I was waiting for your comments!!! Yea it folds. Wont be completley in half, because of the top rail. But it folds enough for a good cleaning and whatever else i need to do to it...

Concealment isnt the reason for me to own a subby.....Its a great little gun and i knew it was gonna be a great platform for me to build off of..Plus i have a ton of .40....:)

MAYBE the following since you appear to have tons of experience with metal work..

side mount rail...

quick detach mount..

90 bracket that goes over the top..

optics mounted to the bracket..

this will allow you true folding and use of optics when you want them.. while still be fast in deploying... cool gun.. I think you did a great job with it.. maybe I am getting hung up on it.. lol but that gun has gotta fold for me.. just because it is one of the coolest parts of it.. but even with that said.. I like what you did..

I think your metalwork looks great. Nice job. It reminds me of a custom car project.

Not sure if "runs flawless" is meaningful if you have to "pick the right ammo" though...

Thanks...

Ok well it wont run on aluminum case ammo.....

Its not my home protection weapon if thats what you mean.... Its a fun plinker that i just wanted to change the looks of to my style....Would i bet my life on this gun? Nope....Has it gone bang everytime i pulled the trigger with never one FTF or FTE,,,,Yep! So yea it been flawless with AE 165gr FMJ....

MAYBE the following since you appear to have tons of experience with metal work..

side mount rail...

quick detach mount..

90 bracket that goes over the top..

optics mounted to the bracket..

this will allow you true folding and use of optics when you want them.. while still be fast in deploying... cool gun.. I think you did a great job with it.. maybe I am getting hung up on it.. lol but that gun has gotta fold for me.. just because it is one of the coolest parts of it.. but even with that said.. I like what you did..

Holes are already center punched on sides so if i decide to mount rails on the side i'm set....In my life no need for anything to fold. That feature may do it for you but not for me....

Now a left side charging handle that you can drop withg your thumb is what i'm lookin at....have seen it already but all the machinest at my shop are to busy to help me....I'm a welder not a machinest...:(