67gtonut

Old and New Blue Angels

For anyone interested, the Blue Angles will be returning to Millville for a huge air show on Memorial Day weekend, 2011.

Thanks for the info, I'll def be going!

When the blue angels were down in Annapolis, MD for the graduation ceremony we happened to be sailing a ~45' sailboat in the area the day before the show. We were about ~2 miles out and were hailed on the radio, we were asked if we could hang out in the immediate area for the next ~1 hour. It turns out, the angels were using our boat as a target to practice on lining up their passes in front of the college. We dropped anchor, got out our lunch and watch for an hour as F-18 jets shoot by not but a few hundred feet above us. Of course the next day we were one of hundreds of boats watching the show and celebrating the Navy graduating class!

The show in Millville has been absent since the town took over the airport a couple of years ago, I am glad it is returning. Since 2003, we were able to get my car club in and set up along the static runway display. In 2004 I had 135 PT Cruisers on the field! Best seats in the house. The new police chief is not allowing that this year but I will probably still go anyway.