Sign in to follow this  
MarkWVU02

Del-Ton rifle kits

I don't have any first hand experience with them but I will say I am on quite a few other gun forums and I have never heard anything bad about them. People are ordering their products left and right due to the high quality and low priced kits/parts they offer.

I might be taking that route when I decide to get one.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've pretty much seen mostly great reviews. Been thinking of getting one myself and a spikes lower. You can order them with a pinned muzzle brake and all you'd have to do is pin the stock. The way I priced it was under $800 for a really nice AR.

Do you think a chrome lined barrel and chrome BCG are worth the upgrade?

You can also get an A2 stock that you wouldn't have to pin, just throwing that out there. That's what I would get.

I don't have any experience with AR's, so I can't answer that question. I will say that through reading on forums, many say that if you plan on shooting it A LOT (20k+ rounds), shooting in harsh environments, don't plan on cleaning it, then you should get a CL barrel. But if your going to be target shooting with it and whatnot, it's not needed. They basically just last longer and can take more of a beating I believe. But as I said, no first hand experience with this so what I stated was just 'hearsay' if you will. I'm sure people on here have first hand experience with both and can voice their opinion.

I have a Del Ton upper and BCG on my build. So far I have not had any issues with the rifle and it wats all ammo from American Eagle to Wolf. I would reccomend the upper. My build is a Cav-Arms Lower with DPMS internals so I have no experience with Del Ton lower parts. My upper is not chrome lined, I have put a couple hundred rounds of Wolf through it in a single session and have not had any issues.

I have a Del Ton upper and BCG on my build. So far I have not had any issues with the rifle and it wats all ammo from American Eagle to Wolf. I would reccomend the upper. My build is a Cav-Arms Lower with DPMS internals so I have no experience with Del Ton lower parts. My upper is not chrome lined, I have put a couple hundred rounds of Wolf through it in a single session and have not had any issues.

Medic- The Del Ton lower parts can't be worst than the DPMS triggers. I have two DPMS and both triggers were pretty crude.

Thanks for the reply. Yeah I've pretty much seen mostly great reviews. Been thinking of getting one myself and a spikes lower. You can order them with a pinned muzzle brake and all you'd have to do is pin the stock. The way I priced it was under $800 for a really nice AR.

Do you think a chrome lined barrel and chrome BCG are worth the upgrade?

Chrome lined barrel is definitely worth it in my opinion. Much easier to clean and more durable and a cheap upgrade. BCG, again easier to clean but not as much of an issue as the barrel. The only way I would go without the chrome lining is in a stainless steel barrel in a precision type weapon. As Recessed said an A2 stock is a great stock to start out with and can be easily changed if we ever become the land of the free.

Thanks for the advice. This isn't going to need to be anything precision. Just a range toy and a fun little project for myself. The A2 stock just doesn't do it for me. I know it's silly but I like the look of adjustable stock even if it isn't going to be adjustable. I wouldn't spend any extra money on a stock upgrade that's going to be pinned. The M4 stock is included and I've always liked the look of it.

Medic- The Del Ton lower parts can't be worst than the DPMS triggers. I have two DPMS and both triggers were pretty crude.

Yes. I did some sanding and polishing of the DPMS trigger parts with a little improvement. I have a match trigger in my Armalite and that is a nice trigger.