Sign in to follow this  
deviated rationality

The NJ Problem

Sadly this thread did do what it was designed to do.

Ideally I would wait until everyone starts their looting and exodus. I'd star going through everyones places looking for whatever I might need (meds, water, filters, weaponry, batteries, ect) and head back to my place (as long as it was protect itself). Eventually I would go to one of my pre-planned rally points (not written down on a map) and meet up with my group of trust worthy friends. All of these friends have skills or equipment that I would need or want in a small community.

From there I would start making my way off of the peninsula (figure on 60 days or so, depends on the activity level) and then make my way into no-mans land somewhere. If things were too hot Id stay in the Pine Barrens somewhere, deep where it's hard to get to.

Couple of things to consider:

• Law will more than likely be completely gone
  • Money = paper. thats it.
  • Barter trade with addictive substances
  • Medical supplies; most pills and prescriptions can be used LONG past their "shelf life." Most people will need these for one reason or another.
  • A minor inconvenience now WILL be a disaster in a SHTF situation. Something as little as a cat scratch or diarrhea can kill you easily.
  • Water is typically clean when it gets to us. When everything shuts down, water will be contaminated everywhere you go (that's populated).
  • People will get desperate, and they will lose all morals, values, and respect for the common person. Just look at Katrina.
  • You can NOT rely on government services to help you. One YOU know this is a SHTF situation, count them out.

Fortunately I live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by farms and have a large lake in my back yard. At the first sign of stuff going badly a select few members are coming out to my place and hunker down. Everyone that is coming has something to offer for the greater good of all. No man can plan to survive solo. Many hands=light work

Fortunately I live in the middle of nowhere, surrounded by farms and have a large lake in my back yard. At the first sign of stuff going badly a select few members are coming out to my place and hunker down. Everyone that is coming has something to offer for the greater good of all. No man can plan to survive solo. Many hands=light work

Never got the invite, must've gotten lost in the mail. It's okay though, as my team is da bomb son!

As I explained to my 14 year old daughter who was getting tired of hearing about the "zombie apocalypse", "zombies" are anyone who wants to take our stuff or tries to hurt us once the SHTF. :p

Is there a smiley face for a lightbulb going on? Because finally all this talk about the zombie uprising is making sense to me! (Now everybody is probably looking at me like this: :sarcastichand: )

Don't come here. We'll be lining the Delaware River, and our bayonets are quite long.

Last good man to cross the bridges, blow it on your way out.

Me and the ZED northern squad will blow the bridge, it's in the plans. BUT, we'll be on the NJ side. Plenty of Targets, Walmarts, and the like to plumage from.

Me and the ZED northern squad will blow the bridge, it's in the plans. BUT, we'll be on the NJ side. Plenty of Targets, Walmarts, and the like to plumage from.

You know, I never thought of that. Would I still be welcome to join the ZED northern squad if I moved back to NJ? Or is it too late?

You know, I never thought of that. Would I still be welcome to join the ZED northern squad if I moved back to NJ? Or is it too late?

You'll need to bring something to the table and I'm sure you have more than enough to satisfy our limits. Hope to see you then!

3820513168_88b1de0e2d.jpg

And won't you all look just fabulous in your plumage.

Sign in to follow this