damnyankee

Polish Plate Rack & Texas Star

Just a curiousity question as I plan my summer shooting in NJ.

Do any of the clubs use a Texas Star and / or Polish Plate Rack?

If a club has both, do they set them up on the same stage regularly?

You can expect to see a Texas star at every OB match. I will use it every time it is not being used by another stage designer.

We do not own a polish plate rack and neither does CJ I believe.

As a new member at OBRPC I don't know all the in's-n-out's, can we use the Texas Star to practice with on one of the ranges?

I know I didn't see it in the normal trailer that we get the target stands from and figure it's just for comp's but might as well ask.

Thanks

Harry

As a new member at OBRPC I don't know all the in's-n-out's, can we use the Texas Star to practice with on one of the ranges?

I know I didn't see it in the normal trailer that we get the target stands from and figure it's just for comp's but might as well ask.

Thanks

Harry

Unfortunately no. None of the USPA/IDPA/Steel props are generally available. There are a couple of reasons for it. First is the simple logistics of it. The prop trailers are packed and unpacked in a certain order. Without the full unpacking of a trailer, getting to something someone wants can be downright dangerous if not altogether impossible (or both impossible and dangerous). Second reason is that sad as it is, there is always a percentage of idiots out there who either do not think at all or think that they know better than to follow a few very simple rules. Making props generally available would mean that these individuals would destroy them in short order through improper use. As a result only match directors get access to the prop trailers. They have a responsibility to make sure that trailers get packed and unpacked in a proper and safe manner and that props are used the same way.

Unfortunately no. None of the USPA/IDPA/Steel props are generally available. There are a couple of reasons for it. First is the simple logistics of it. The prop trailers are packed and unpacked in a certain order. Without the full unpacking of a trailer, getting to something someone wants can be downright dangerous if not altogether impossible (or both impossible and dangerous). Second reason is that sad as it is, there is always a percentage of idiots out there who either do not think at all or think that they know better than to follow a few very simple rules. Making props generally available would mean that these individuals would destroy them in short order through improper use. As a result only match directors get access to the prop trailers. They have a responsibility to make sure that trailers get packed and unpacked in a proper and safe manner and that props are used the same way.

I figured that, thanks for clearing that up. On another note, can we use any targets other than the normal wood/cardboard ones that are there. There are some nice metal ones that are auto resetting that would be fun to shoot. I don't have any at this time, but would get a few if there isn't any rules against this practice.

That should be the last question.... for now. lol

Harry

There are some nice metal ones that are auto resetting that would be fun to shoot. I don't have any at this time, but would get a few if there isn't any rules against this practice.

Yes you can bring your own steel targets. As far as I remember the only types of targets that are not allowed are bottles and cans. I just went to the club site to verify and was surprised to find that rules are not there. They used to be on the old site. I'll be sure to bring that up at the next membership meeting.

That should be the last question.... for now. lol

Good because you exhausted your quota of free questions and from here on I am starting to charge. :)