I work security in a couple of clubs and this evening a group of around 60 veterans/active military organized a party for a few of them that are going back for 2nd, 3rd, or fourth tours. Majority of them are now LEO's all around a good group of guys. They organized a raffle which would benefit care packages while they are overseas, they one of the group was a bagpiper and after a toast he came in and played "The army goes rolling along" and "Halls of montezuma" for the Army soldiers and Marines respectively. watching 50 or so men who have served or are still serving all raise there glasses up to honor their comrades in arms while the piper piped, reminded me all that i have to be grateful for and all the liberty i have as an american. We owe a lot to our troops and this was just a powerful event that i was honored to be part of, and wish all those serving to come home safe.

In our daily lives we often lose sight of how fragile our world as we know it is, I just wanted to share this story and to say that although our country is sometimes backwards in ideology or practice that we are truly blessed to live in the greatest country in the world and we owe so much to the brave men and women who fight all over the world to keep it that way.

If you get the chance thank a vet or current soldier for everything they have done.

post-2969-0-00714400-1300776761_thumb.jpg

• Like 3

Yea - it's a shame that the idiots that run this country believe that we have to police the world and send our guys into other countries that don't want us there. They continually try to force our way of life in other parts of the world who couldn't care less. Our soldiers don't deserve to be treated as they are.

How about we worry about our own borders first - I really don't believe it's necessary to send our soldiers all over the world to protect our freedoms. The founding fathers formed our government to secure "our" liberties and secure "our" borders meaning the USA.

Yes - our soldiers are special and should not be abused as they are. Yes - we live in one of ther greatest countries, but it's unfortunate that our leaders abuse that power and believe they can do as they please.

Yea - it's a shame that the idiots that run this country believe that we have to police the world and send our guys into other countries that don't want us there. They continually try to force our way of life in other parts of the world who couldn't care less. Our soldiers don't deserve to be treated as they are.

How about we worry about our own borders first - I really don't believe it's necessary to send our soldiers all over the world to protect our freedoms. The founding fathers formed our government to secure "our" liberties and secure "our" borders meaning the USA.

Yes - our soldiers are special and should not be abused as they are. Yes - we live in one of ther greatest countries, but it's unfortunate that our leaders abuse that power and believe they can do as they please.

We voted them in. They are only partly to blame. Most of the blame goes to the voters.

Speaking of care packages you should see my basement, looks like a Costco! We go begging, organize and send the care packages, maybe 10-15 a month to Astan where our son is deployed.They are all so very gratefull not only for the supplies but its a great moral booster. We've got a bunch of thankyou letters and they can be a tearjerker at times. Tops on their wish list- American tobacco. Fortunatly my father in law is a vet so we go to West Point and get it at "cheap".My son was able to skype me recently and it coincided with a special box full of cigs and chew, they were hootin and hollerin like they won the lottery!remember there are a lot of men/women out there in harms way, keep good thoughts for them. :)

+1 on the tobacco

its the soldiers friend. Skoal Long Cut(straight, mint, wintergreen), Copenhagen, Redman, Marlboro's, and Newport's. I cant imagine being deployed away from civilization with out access to tobacco. Makes you feel normal, sorta...

US Army 1990-1993