Sign in to follow this  
Ruger11

C-Z USA Shotguns

I have heard nothing but good about their over unders. I was considering one and did lots of research on their whole line of over unders and the reports are very favorable. I have handled one and I was impressed. Would up going with a Browning Cynergy though (love at first sight)

depends on the model. Let me state, I really liked CZ for years now and have owned 5 of their products. I owned there 720 semi auto shotgun, and was very disapointed. I could not get it to run reliably. High brass, cleanings, changed springs... nothing. I sent it back to CZ USA and they refunded my money towards a CZP01. They hadled it very nicely.

These were turkish made and it looked ok and granted it was priced at $329 OTD so I did not lose anything.

Their SXS and OU are a different story. They are high quality for modern standard shotguns. Some of the models come with expensive features, choke tubes, single trigger ejectors, for lower entry points. I like their 20g Bobwhite sxs. The only issues I have is that you do need to buy the upper level guns to get really nice wood and the way the barrels bulg slightly at the choke tubes to accomodate them. I find the look disconcerting while shooting, but not enought to keep me from buying one.

The only reason I dont own one or more is the fect that I own a Browning Sweet 16.

depends on the model. Let me state, I really liked CZ for years now and have owned 5 of their products. I owned there 720 semi auto shotgun, and was very disapointed. I could not get it to run reliably. High brass, cleanings, changed springs... nothing. I sent it back to CZ USA and they refunded my money towards a CZP01. They hadled it very nicely.

These were turkish made and it looked ok and granted it was priced at $329 OTD so I did not lose anything.

Their SXS and OU are a different story. They are high quality for modern standard shotguns. Some of the models come with expensive features, choke tubes, single trigger ejectors, for lower entry points. I like their 20g Bobwhite sxs. The only issues I have is that you do need to buy the upper level guns to get really nice wood and the way the barrels bulg slightly at the choke tubes to accomodate them. I find the look disconcerting while shooting, but not enought to keep me from buying one.

The only reason I dont own one or more is the fect that I own a Browning Sweet 16.

I have a youth 720 semi auto and have not had any problems with it. I have a case of birdshot through it and I have had no problems at all. The only thing I would like to find is an adult stock for this gun. I wish CZ would sell just an adult stock...

Was leaning to the 712 automatic,Cabela's has them for $399.00,up here now,going pheasant hunting one last time for the season on Saturday- $399 seems kind of cheap, althought I paid around $500 for my Mossberg 930 and never had any trouble,shoots any load you put in.Have enough o/u's and sxs's (for now anyway)

I fondled a CZ Sporting O/U last year, and it looked and felt every bit a good as any other mid quality shotgun in that price range (~ $2,500). There was also a Redhead at Dick's when I bought the Stoeger that was nice, but I was looking for a cheap entry level gun to start with since I didn't know if I would like clay sports. Seemed like a nice gun, but I didn't really look at it that critically.