BCeagle

Beretta ARX 160

Only available to LE/MIL if I'm not mistaken and currently in use by Italian military personnel. I think it first appeared at Shot Show 2010 but for some reason hasn't gotten much press. From some of the videos that have come out of Shot Show 2011, it certainly has some interesting features - seems a little better thought out than the ACR and SCAR in some aspects.

ETA:

link to civilian model? if this is anything like my storm I would probably buy this..

Forget it, I answered my own question, no plans for a civilian model yet. The link I saw was an internet rumor. As of the shot show in 2011, they are concentrating on the military. :(

i'm weary of things that just snap in and lock to hold something together. It maybe just me but i like the fact that the acr has pins that you have to push out. Seems more durable, i could be wrong tho.

OMG (to show my genuine excitement), I absolutely love this thing-- albeit I haven't held one in my hands. I love the ergos and the concept. Pete and I had discussed it a few months back actually, and my spirits were dampened when I found out that it wouldn't be available for civilian or import any time in the foreseeable future.

But when it does become available? Hopefully price point will be better then the ACR and SCAR (though I do see the price of the ACR dropping quicker then the SCAR). I like the design of the ACR, but I wouldn't waste a dime on the company that makes the civ version right now...

It's cool, but I don't think I would buy one even if they were available to civilians. Beretta makes great products, but even with them....the more moving parts, the more potential for something going wrong. I like the simplicity of it, but I think they took it way too far. Do you really need 3 different mag release buttons? I don't particularly like the placement of the mag release on my Saiga.....so I practice with it every once in a while to get used to it. I also REALLY don't like that you need to put your finger IN the trigger guard to release the bolt, Beretta dropped the ball on that design.

P.S. The G36 is a beautiful looking gun.

The main downfall I see in the Beretta is to remove the trigger group and housing you need to fold the stock to get to push out the housing which means nj residents will never be able to open the trigger groupsince we have to have anything and everything that folds and collapses pinned , unless there is something I missed.