Sign in to follow this  
njpilot

Piscataway Cop Dies in Shootout with Police

Such a shame it had to come to this. But if this guy had as many problems as the article indicated, he should have never been allowed to be on SWAT, let alone training them, in the first place. Especially with a restraining order against him.

• Like 1

Such a shame it had to come to this. But if this guy had as many problems as the article indicated, he should have never been allowed to be on SWAT, let alone training them, in the first place. Especially with a restraining order against him.

If he has a restraning order against him then how did he have access to a submachine gun? Any gun for that matter?

Side note. What an idiot

If he has a restraning order against him then how did he have access to a submachine gun? Any gun for that matter?

Side note. What an idiot

i DIDNT THINK The RO was issued yet, or had JUST been issued and not served to him. he apparently had a dispute with the Ex, and she told him she was going for an RO. THIS IS IN CONFLICT WITH WHAT THE PAPER SAID I realize. It's MORE likely that they textes/called him to come in and turn in his guns because the RO was issued. This will probably end up in an AG order to stop SWAT guys from bringing their equipment home with them from now on, along with the few agencies that allow self-owned Patrol Rifles requiring them to be kept at work. Sorry but if this guy wantoed to Off Himself, he should have just done it..not forced guys that knew him to put him down. Asshole move on his part.

i DIDNT THINK The RO was issued yet, or had JUST been issued and not served to him. he apparently had a dispute with the Ex, and she told him she was going for an RO. THIS IS IN CONFLICT WITH WHAT THE PAPER SAID I realize. It's MORE likely that they textes/called him to come in and turn in his guns because the RO was issued. This will probably end up in an AG order to stop SWAT guys from bringing their equipment home with them from now on, along with the few agencies that allow self-owned Patrol Rifles requiring them to be kept at work. Sorry but if this guy wantoed to Off Himself, he should have just done it..not forced guys that knew him to put him down. Asshole move on his part.

That makes a little more sense if that's what happened. The paper really wasn't too clear. Idiots like him ruin things for the rest of us.

Yea, looks like suicide by cop to me as well. I'm sure with his training and intimate knowledge of police procedures, he could have done some damage if he wanted to. I'm sure he knew going out on a porch and spraying bullets was not the most strategic option...Looks like he just wanted to create a large enough threat for them to have to kill him.

I have known Dave Powell since before I can remember. He was a fantastic man, fantastic father, and a phenomenal Police Officer. Recently, his wife turned into a raging **** and demanded a divorce, which sparked his psychiatric troubles. That being said, it was terrible to force his own brothers to open fire and kill him, but I refuse to trample on such a terrific man's life for one horrible decision. Rest in Peace, Dave. :icon_e_sad:

• Like 1