vjf915

-1 Remington

A HUGE -1 at that. Several months ago I contacted Remington about the issue with their 9mm UMC ammo. Several other members here have had the same issue, but have only had 2-3 bad rounds out of an entire box, and received $30 checks within a week or so. I had a whopping 38 bad rounds out of 150, which is a 25% defective rate....pretty poor in my book. Regardless, I understand that "stuff" happens and I contacted Remington and filed a claim. I was told that Remington always makes good on issues like this, and that I would soon receive a packaged envelope to send in 2-3 rounds as a sample. Three weeks later, no packaged envelope. I contacted Remington AGAIN and filed ANOTHER claim, and a week later received just a paid for shipping label, and was asked to return ALL the rounds. I found myself a box to ship everything in, packed it up, drove it to FedEx and dropped it off. I thought Remington would "make good" as their rep had claimed, and expected the 250 round box to be replaced due to the volume of rounds that were defective, and that others had received a $30 check for 2-3 bad rounds and I had 38. The package finally arrived today, I open it up to find a 50 round box with a note. Okay, 50 rounds, whatever....not entirely happy, but not entirely dissatisfied. I read the note, and it acknowledges the 38 bad rounds that I sent in. I open the box of ammo to find that it wasn't even a full box of ammo, but they "tried" to replace it round for round. I say "tried" because they only sent me 36 rounds. Now I'm not a petty guy by any means, but based off of the experience of others and the magnitude or Remington's operations....I expected MUCH more from a company like this. I had the misfortune of my firearm jamming due to this ammo, had to drop the package off at FedEx, and had to wait three months....for them to not only not "make good", but to short me. It's two rounds, but it's the CONCEPT behind it. Remington will be hearing from me shortly.

I am hoping that I just happened to get a bad rep who dealt with my issue. I would have at least been neutral if it was a full box of ammo. It was not only the concept that they tried to replace round for round, but couldn't even count correctly....

I would have returned the package with a fugg you note saying they can keep their 36 rounds and don't expect me to buy anything remington ever.

I would LOVE to, and I absolutely never plan on EVER buying Remington ammo again. However, I think that I just got unlucky and there was some miscommunication, and I am hoping that a well-written letter or well worded phone conversation will sort this all out.

Sounds like you got the Office Temp. Call them back and give them hell.

I haven't decided if I want to send a letter or call. If I call, it does give me the opportunity to talk to someone who MUST pay attention and can't just put the letter down, however a letter does have the benefits of being in writing. I will probably end up calling.

Wow that's getting the shaft. All your time and energy wasted working with them, shipping,etc , and they give you 1 semi full box of ammo. When you call, make it a point that it isn't about the 38 rounds, its about you experiencing frustration and extreme dissatisfaction instead of enjoyment while sporadically encountering malfunctions throughout the entire 250 rounds in that batch.

When you call, make it a point that it isn't about the 38 rounds,

I'm going to make several points when I call.....that 4 out of the 9 firearms in this house are Remington. That this ammo caused my gun to jam. That I went through the remaining ammo, and had 38 out of the remaining 150 left....a 25% defective rate. That I dropped the box off at FedEx instead of FedEx charging Remington to pick it up from my house. That others who had 2-3 bad rounds received $30 checks. And that I expected more from a company of this magnitude.

I don't want to come across as mad or that I won't be buying anything from them again, because they have more reason to support someone who will REMAIN a customer. I'm going to try the "I'm not mad, I'm just disappointed" approach :icon_mrgreen:

Guest schutzen-jager

they have never even replied to my emails about their defective rimfire ammo - internet is filled with complaints + they just do not care about consumers _

they have never even replied to my emails about their defective rimfire ammo - internet is filled with complaints + they just do not care about consumers _

I feel like their ammo division is run very differently than their firearm division. They went out of their way to quickly resolve the problems I had with my 1100 shotgun.

• Like 1

Must be the ammo side because here is my very recent experience.

I purchased a 597 Red Dot from Dicks last month. The Red dot requires a picatiny rail, there is no rail on the rifle.

I call Rem and tell the CS Rep that the rife has no rail. He tells me that Dicks is supposed to provide the rail or a Red Dot that uses the grooved receiver to attach. I get this feeling that I am about to get the "Go call Dicks. line.

Instead I get "But I will send a rail out to you ASAP Mr Aiken. Is there anything else you might need?"

"Well I need two mags also... what do I owe you?"

"Dont worry about it Mr Aiken, we appreciate your business over the years."

Coulda knocked me over with a piece of grass.

Call them and discuss.

Whe you call them, write down the date, time and name of the person you spoke with. Some companies will give you a case #, don't know if they do.

If you have to call back again, you can say "I spoke with so & so on such & such date and wasn't satisfied with the result".

No updates as of yet, I have been pretty busy with school and work. I believe that I will write a letter addressed to the "Customer Service Manager" in hopes that I don't deal with some schmuck similar to the one who sent me 38 rounds minus 2.

Update. I got tired of waiting, and finally called. I voiced my concerns and problems with the situation, the guy on the other end said he didn't know why they would send 36 rounds, that they should have just sent a full box of 50. I voiced that I didn't think it was fair that others were receiving $30 checks for 2-3 bad rounds, and I was only getting a 50 round box of ammo (worth about $15 retail) for 38 bad rounds. I told him that for the amount of defective rounds I had, and that it caused my pistol to jam, I expected Remington to simply replace the box of 250. Let's face it, that box of 250 rounds can't cost Remington more than the $30 checks people were receiving, however according to him....sending me a box of 250 rounds would be "over the top". They are getting another huge -1 from me. I don't know if I plan to continue this, but I do know that I will never be purchasing one more round of ammo from Remington.

Sorry to hear that VJ. It's a shame that in this day and age, Remington won't show good faith to a valued customer. Someone who undoubtedly spends a lot of cash on ammo. Lesson learned. I've learned a few myself over the years as I'm sure we all have.