Well,

If you saw a post that I put up about 2.5 weeks regarding my FID and 3 permits, the detective had all my paper and told me that it just needed a signature from the "Chief"....Now it is about 6 weeks....Do I make to the call to the records department and find out the status or do I sit, wait and keep quiet?? Any suggestions????

If stopping by doesn't help, do you have any friends who are lawyers? Having a lawyer send in a letter inquiring about their status and the possibility of legal action always greases tge wheels of justice. Some PDs need to be forced to be accountable.

Actually, I got them today!!! Thanks

Congratulations! I read this with interest, since I was told a week ago that my application was on the chief's desk waiting for him to sign off on it. I keep thinking my permit is arriving any day, but perhaps I'm dreaming.

Congratulations! I read this with interest, since I was told a week ago that my application was on the chief's desk waiting for him to sign off on it. I keep thinking my permit is arriving any day, but perhaps I'm dreaming.

OGG, he's having a hard time finding it since it's either under his coffee cup or cant make out ur name and address due to the coffee stains. I had to "kindly" badger my officer, and about 3 weeks after he told me "tomorrow" i called and he says, "oh, they've been ready, why havent you picked them up". geeeeez.

OGG, he's having a hard time finding it since it's either under his coffee cup or cant make out ur name and address due to the coffee stains. I had to "kindly" badger my officer, and about 3 weeks after he told me "tomorrow" i called and he says, "oh, they've been ready, why havent you picked them up". geeeeez.

LOL to that! Yeah, I think mine are still sitting under the coffee cups, because it's going on two weeks from when I was told that, and I still haven't seen them. I stopped by HQ a couple of days ago when I had a little free time, to inquire if they were ready. The clerk asked me if I had received a notice in the mail. I informed her that I hadn't seen my mail yet that day. She politely flipped through some permits, did not see mine; then curtly advised me that I would receive a notice in the mail when they were ready. I'm afraid to push too hard, for fear that mine will be put back on the bottom of the pile. :icon_e_confused:

Just a piece of advice i heard at the NJ2AS meeting the other night with 2 NJ senators is to call your REPRESENATIVE and let the know what is going on in your towns PD and maybe just maybe your rep would give them a call and nudge it along , heck they said to do it and who knows maybe if we all start doing this our reps will realize something needs to be done with the ridiculiuos laws regarding FID cards and PPs ........ just my 2 cents ....

Just a piece of advice i heard at the NJ2AS meeting the other night with 2 NJ senators is to call your REPRESENATIVE and let the know what is going on in your towns PD and maybe just maybe your rep would give them a call and nudge it along , heck they said to do it and who knows maybe if we all start doing this our reps will realize something needs to be done with the ridiculiuos laws regarding FID cards and PPs ........ just my 2 cents ....

Nudge them? Reps should be dropping the hammer...especially on these towns taking 4,5,6 months. :icon_e_sad:

If I were you, I would call and politely ask if your paperwork is ready to be picked up.

Hey Recessed, I went to give you Positive Rep on this post and accidentally hit the negative button by accident. If a mod can fix this I'd appreciate it.

I'm afraid to push too hard, for fear that mine will be put back on the bottom of the pile. :icon_e_confused:

Please do not think this way. Are you afraid to push too hard to use your 1st Amendment rights? How about your 5th Amendment rights?

Call up and badger them. And don't listen to that "you'll get a letter in the mail" BS. It took me three rounds of permits before I ever got a letter in the mail from my town. I'm sure that my mailman who never manages to lose a bill, magazine, or catalog somehow misplaced my letter from my local PD. :rolleyes:

Please do not think this way. Are you afraid to push too hard to use your 1st Amendment rights? How about your 5th Amendment rights?

Call up and badger them. And don't listen to that "you'll get a letter in the mail" BS. It took me three rounds of permits before I ever got a letter in the mail from my town. I'm sure that my mailman who never manages to lose a bill, magazine, or catalog somehow misplaced my letter from my local PD. :rolleyes:

+1. They are counting on you not doing anything. Surprise them. Be the squeaky wheel.

Geez, sorry I came across sounding like an unassertive wimp! I called my local police HQ after 30 days to be sure they had all the necessary info. (Allowing for time for them to receive my reference letters, it was probably only around three weeks at that point.) That's when I was told that the paperwork was on the chief's desk. Ten days later, when I stopped by in person to inquire as to my status, I was told that I would receive notification in the mail.

So I fully hope to have the papers in my hands within the next couple of days. I was merely pointing out that in my experiences with dealing with government agencies and such, I have found that one gets further with gentle prodding than with heavy-handed tactics.