jcerillo70

Just ordered my new Comp Rig!!! Check it out

O.K so...

I felt the debit card peeking out of my pocket today so i knew it had to be done.

My USPSA Comp rig .....

Blade-Tech - DOH Dropped and Offset Holster with Tek-Lok Loop- 1 for Glock 34 /^/ 1 for 5'' 1911

tldoh_lg.jpg

CR Speed Super Hi-Torque "Deluxe" Range Belt

superdeluxe.jpg

CR Speed Versa-Pouch 4 Pack

versapouch4pack.jpg

Im so Happy!!!!;) the wait begins for the Fed Ex man

If I were you, I wouldn't drop so much money up front as it seems like you're just getting started with shooting matches.

I see guys all the time at matches that have the whole $300 shabang of a setup and can't shoot for anything.

But hopefully you shoot a lot of matches and it pays for itself!

• Like 1

That i will :) I sold my half-stack guitar amp for this rig... USPSA @ Central jersey next month baby!

How much ammo do they usually go through in a match their

Very nice, I just ordered up a Blade Tech holster, CR belt (didn't like what I saw when I measured for it) and the CR mag holders, got 2 double and 1 single to see what configuration I will like.

Harry

Very nice. I know they tell you to add 2 belt size's to your belt. I didnt like seeing that either.

If I were you, I wouldn't drop so much money up front as it seems like you're just getting started with shooting matches.

I see guys all the time at matches that have the whole $300 shabang of a setup and can't shoot for anything.

I like when newbies in any sport buy the best of everything right away. I buy it off them 6 months to a year later for half price!

Fow what its worth, I shot Production/Minor in last weeks match with my Beretta 92. I used a 24 dollar uncle mikes belt, a 19 dollar fobus holster, and a bladetech mag holder (My most expensive piece). On the zombie stage (maks stage) I threw an extra mag in my back pocket. Out of the whole crew (all divisions combined) of 63 people I finished 43rd overall. Now take into consideration that this was my first match ever as well. In my opinion that's damn good. I did well because I practiced, and spent my money on ammunition to practice with., not on pricey gear. However I have been eyeing up the Bladetech DOH for awhile now and will be buying that soon.

To the OP, that is a nice setup. I'll prob be buying that belt eventually myself. Prob see you next month at the match!

I like when newbies in any sport buy the best of everything right away. I buy it off them 6 months to a year later for half price!

Fow what its worth, I shot Production/Minor in last weeks match with my Beretta 92. I used a 24 dollar uncle mikes belt, a 19 dollar fobus holster, and a bladetech mag holder (My most expensive piece). On the zombie stage (maks stage) I threw an extra mag in my back pocket. Out of the whole crew (all divisions combined) of 63 people I finished 43rd overall. Now take into consideration that this was my first match ever as well. In my opinion that's damn good. I did well because I practiced, and spent my money on ammunition to practice with., not on pricey gear. However I have been eyeing up the Bladetech DOH for awhile now and will be buying that soon.

To the OP, that is a nice setup. I'll prob be buying that belt eventually myself. Prob see you next month at the match!

Just wondering, how often that really happens? I am new at this and did order up some nice stuff, but I usually do that with most things I do, I find that buying something that is quality and will last is actually a lot cheaper in the long run.

I think if you can you get quality things, helps with the learning curve, and some times if it doesn't function as well as it can can discourage people from staying with it. Just my opinion.

As they say, buy once, cry once....:)

Harry

Just wondering, how often that really happens? I am new at this and did order up some nice stuff, but I usually do that with most things I do, I find that buying something that is quality and will last is actually a lot cheaper in the long run.

I think if you can you get quality things, helps with the learning curve, and some times if it doesn't function as well as it can can discourage people from staying with it. Just my opinion.

Harry

Agreed. Paintball, guitar, etc. And if you do get out of the hobby, you still have a tangible item worth money instead of one in pieces.

Agreed. Paintball, guitar, etc. And if you do get out of the hobby, you still have a tangible item worth money instead of one in pieces.

How about a Drummer for the last 39 years, building and riding Harley's for the last 27 years, Hang Gliding for 18 years, oh and a Wife and 11 yo daughter, add in Guns and I am where I started as a baby, with nothing and still have most of it left.

Harry

Harry

How often what really happens?

Im not saying anyone is wrong for going out and buying top of the line stuff right away. It's your money, go for it.

However I have been involved a lot of hobbies and sports. There's always the guy who goes out and buys top of the line gear and can't perform at all. I can't tell you how many times I have seen guys on the hockey rink, on their bikes, surfing, or snowboarding who have all the must-have expensive gear yet cant skate, ride, surf, or snowboard! 9 out of 10 times that's the story. Give a good surfer a coffee table, and he will surf circles around a chump with an expensive board. Same story with any other sport/hobby.

People always think that expensive or top of the line gear is going to make them shoot better, run faster, jump higher, drive or ride better. When you are at the elite level of the sport that stuff does help you. Most of the time people just end up looking like a douche with expensive gear. In my opinion you have to crawl before you can walk, and you have to walk before you can run.

Again I am not trying to insult anyone who goes out and buys expensive gear immediately. So please don't take it personally. With most things when you buy the better product you can tell right away that the fit, finish, and quality of the materials is better. Nothing wrong with that. I sincerely hope that you guys get the most out of your gear as possible. Just don't end up like the guy in the expensive sports car who can't drive worth a sh*t!

O.K so...

I felt the debit card peeking out of my pocket today so i knew it had to be done.

My USPSA Comp rig .....

Blade-Tech - DOH Dropped and Offset Holster with Tek-Lok Loop- 1 for Glock 34 /^/ 1 for 5'' 1911

tldoh_lg.jpg

CR Speed Super Hi-Torque "Deluxe" Range Belt

superdeluxe.jpg

CR Speed Versa-Pouch 4 Pack

versapouch4pack.jpg

Im so Happy!!!!;) the wait begins for the Fed Ex man

Nice !!! Enjoy it...Meet me at OB someday so I can check it out ?

How often what really happens?

Im not saying anyone is wrong for going out and buying top of the line stuff right away. It's your money, go for it.

However I have been involved a lot of hobbies and sports. There's always the guy who goes out and buys top of the line gear and can't perform at all. I can't tell you how many times I have seen guys on the hockey rink, on their bikes, surfing, or snowboarding who have all the must-have expensive gear yet cant skate, ride, surf, or snowboard! 9 out of 10 times that's the story. Give a good surfer a coffee table, and he will surf circles around a chump with an expensive board. Same story with any other sport/hobby.

People always think that expensive or top of the line gear is going to make them shoot better, run faster, jump higher, drive or ride better. When you are at the elite level of the sport that stuff does help you. Most of the time people just end up looking like a douche with expensive gear. In my opinion you have to crawl before you can walk, and you have to walk before you can run.

Again I am not trying to insult anyone who goes out and buys expensive gear immediately. So please don't take it personally. With most things when you buy the better product you can tell right away that the fit, finish, and quality of the materials is better. Nothing wrong with that. I sincerely hope that you guys get the most out of your gear as possible. Just don't end up like the guy in the expensive sports car who can't drive worth a sh*t!

Lets be honest... yes, the above is true, however he went out and bought a belt, holster and mag pouches.... that can always be resold without loosing much, and he can use it for anything.

its not like he went out and bought a $5,000 2011 Race gun before shooting one match. So he dropped $250 on some gear. If he dropped $5k.... different story.

This is a great investment into the sport, I personally feel having a good rig is a great plus, and investment into enjoying the sport. You need to have good quality stuff, especially if you know you will do the sport. $250 in the scheme of paying for ammo, match fees, and extra stuff is a drop in the bucket.

If he went and bought a $170 race holster, that I would be ok.... ?

Lets be honest... yes, the above is true, however he went out and bought a belt, holster and mag pouches.... that can always be resold without loosing much, and he can use it for anything.

its not like he went out and bought a $5,000 2011 Race gun before shooting one match. So he dropped $250 on some gear. If he dropped $5k.... different story.

This is a great investment into the sport, I personally feel having a good rig is a great plus, and investment into enjoying the sport.

I hear ya. That's why I put the last paragraph in there. I didn't, and don't want anyone thinking that I think they are stupid. I'm just saying that the way I do things is a little different, thats all. Different doesn't mean better or worse. Like I said, I hope everyone enjoys and gets the most out of their gear. I saw all the cool gear when I was out last Sunday. I've got the money and all it would take is one day being bored to order up a whole lotta new stuff!! I should prob transfer the money to my savings so I don't do that. Plus the whole one gun a month and waiting on permits thing has saved me a lot of money at this point.

Good job getting the gear.

When I started out, I had SHITE equipment. Nylon holster, G.I. mag pouches and a regular leather belt.

2nd match I had a crappy Fobus holster and mag pouches.

Several months later I picked up a Uncle Mikes rig.

I wish I had picked up a Bladetech after my 1st match, instead of buying crap.

Buy good equipment the 1st time and you won't have to spend extra money replacing shittey equipment.

Good job getting the gear.

When I started out, I had SHITE equipment. Nylon holster, G.I. mag pouches and a regular leather belt.

2nd match I had a crappy Fobus holster and mag pouches.

Several months later I picked up a Uncle Mikes rig.

I wish I had picked up a Bladetech after my 1st match, instead of buying crap.

Buy good equipment the 1st time and you won't have to spend extra money replacing shittey equipment.

I shot maybe 6 fun shoots with the junk gear, it works. But i want the good stuff. (too bad it can't be tooled leather though lol )

Regardless of your "skill level" you don't want to be hindered by subpar gear. it leads to an expensive evening.

I was at a match, and it was the last stage. Last reload of the stage, I over-inserted a mag in my 1911 and had a really bad slide lock that prevented me from finishing the stage. Ended up getting a zero for that stage and lost a bet with one of my buds. Still pissed off when I got home I ordered 10 Wilson mags. Never had a mag issue again.

does it matter what he spent? i went out and bought a $800 sig for my first gun. i dont have a holster. if i go buy one, ill buy whatever one i like the most, not whatever is cheapest. even if he went and spent $5k on a full rig, who cares, its not going to make him a worse shooter. worst case, he just wasted his own money.

No it does not matter what he spent. What matters is that he asked around and decided on buying good equipment instead of crap.

So if he stays with the sport or not, he can either use his gear for years to come or sell his gear and get most of his money back.

• Like 1

FYI, Joe, that DOH holster will not be IDPA legal. I used mine today at the match and I had to take out the attachment that 'drops' it and bring it up to my hip.

The drop is fine for USPSA though.

IS it easy to do?

After this hunt, it occurred to me there isnt 1 website with all of these items in one place, in stock, with decent pricing. I sense an opportunity to start a little online company while im not working.

Comp gear & holster's & Targets

$8/ month for hosting

$5000 startup loan + my $$

Have a tax id

Fun little adventure for a few months. Ill email some distributor's in the morning