Stumbled upon there website, and it looks like they have some good gear. However I can't find reviews or even mentions of their gear anywhere. Anyone have any dealings with them, own a piece of their gear, or know someone who does?

Thanks.

www.specopstech.com

ETA: no affiliations, employed by, blah blah blah - thanks

Don't own anything by them but they're pretty well regarded from what I remember reading. I used to see their stuff pop up on the gun forums a lot back in the early to mid 2000s but they seem to have fallen out of popularity.. maybe with the exception of their "go bag" which gets copied a lot. You might be able to find some info/reviews on lightfighter.net.

Alrighty then.... what is the length of the padded/molle section? I know it lists a medium as fitting a 30-34 but my skinny a** tactical monkey waist line needs to know how far I could cinch it down before it starts to buckle?

If I knew the padded section was 28" as an example, it would work. If the section was 30" it might not.

And second question - since you've had it for awhile do you still like it?

Thanks

Unfortunately, I don't how helpful I can be on the sizing front - unlike your "gumby" physique, I'm built more like homer simpson :blush: My inner belt (also ATS) and war belt are both XL. My guess is you'll be ok with the Medium simply because the belts are designed to have the buckle exposed, so when they say it fits a 30" waist, it's assumed the molle portion won't be touching. So, for example, the XL is listed as 38-42, and I was around a 38" waist when I first bought it. If I took the war belt and tried to wrap it around my waist without the inner belt there's no way the two ends will touch. Not sure if that makes sense.

DSC_2767a.jpg

You can see the space to the sides of the buckle on my belt.

If you're very concerned with sizing, you may want to consider the BFG belt:

http://www.blueforcegear.com/products/SOC%252dC%E2%84%A2-Modular-Padded-Belt-Kit.html

It's a LOT more expensive, but has built in adjustability.

As for liking it - yes, I do. I'm quite happy with the setup. It's been thru 2 MDTS carbine classes and an MDTS shotgun class and no complaints. I liked it so much I brainwashed another member on here into buying one, and he seems to like it quite a bit as well. Now, if I could just lose some weight so my gut isn't hanging over the damned thing, it would be even better ^_^

• Like 1

Excellent post Pete - Thanks!

Ironically I'd be shooting for a similar setup (aside from your crazy left-eye-right-hand-pistol-rifle-transition thing you have going on ;) ) for some 5.56 short mag pouches, pistol, and pistol mags... It all depends on the dimensions of the belt when it's almost completely "closed".

My decision boils down to should I invest in a 1st line "war belt", a load bearing vest, or just stick to my pajamas? Training and courses aside, realistically my pajamas are what I'd be wearing if I ever needed my rifle and ammo with very short notice...

So do you think Chris would mind if I showed up in boxers? It is warm in June :sarcastichand: