Sixtytwo327

Mossberg Plinkster... with Barrett Muzzle Break?

Researching .22 options out there; stumbled across this. Sorry if anybody else has pointed it out before on these boards, but… is that brake for real?

http://www.mossberg.com/products/default.asp?ID=9&section=products

From Mossberg: “ALL-PURPOSE 37151 .22 LR Adjustable Rifle Sights, 10 ROUND MAG 11 21" + MUZZLEBRAKE.”

On the specifications page, it’s the last one listed. Here’s a straight link to the photo on the Mossberg site: http://www.mossberg.com/images/Mossberg_Guns/930/NEW/37151.jpg

Not trying to make fun of it if there's some kind of reason I don't know about but... made me smile.

I for one welcome the insanity that Mossberg has been bringing to market, even down to the chainsaw shotgun. I think they figured out that its cheap enough to produce wacky ****, someone will buy it if priced right, and creates buzz. So I say go for it Mossberg, make a .22 with a tank brake, make 930 with a stock made of hard cheese or a lever gun with a folding bayonet, or even a hold plated 500 with a gold fish tank in the stock.

I don't even remember ANY muzzle flash from my .22, so if anything, won't this just weigh the front of the barrel down, and make it awkward.

I do like the line, "You and the kids will have a lot of fun shooting at varmints, critters and cans. If your kids are the sensitive type,explain they can always get new cans." Made me laugh. But I would think that this would make it hard for them to be taken seriously, I always thought Mossberg was a respected company, stuff like this seems stupid. It's like the :facepalm: we airsofters do when we see someone do something like put a boxmag on an M4.

Mossberg is training the yoot (intentional) of today to be "tactically trained mall Ninjas" of the future.:thsmiley_deadhorse:

Then again, in regards to the mall ninjas, practically every issue of Guns and Ammo I read contains information about a whole bunch of tactical goo-gaws that really seem rather pointless. I can't quite understand the person who puts out hundreds of dollars for tacti-cool stuff for "home defense" when odds are you probably already have the upper hand of experience with your arm. I worry that I annoy the older gun owners with my questions, but I feel when I get older forums such as this one will be choked with topics like, "FIRST GUN, TOTALLY SWEET AR WITH ACOG, RED DOT, NIGHTVISION SNIPERSCOPE" and it'll all be about the gear he put on the one gun he owns that does nothing but weigh it down.