Ray Ray

NJ ZED training

I'm looking get a group of like-minded shooters together for a trip to either Old Bridge or to a Pennsy range that has pits. I'm going on a road-trip tomorrow to check out a few ranges off of 78 and see what we can do. I want to join Old Bridge as it would be the ideal place for a shoot-out like this but there are a few Pennsy ranges that are good too.

If your interested, PM me and I'll get a group together and we can go from there. Let's go guys, the zombies will be here soon!

I understand about the Old Bridge rules, so maybe a few members could hook us up. I'm going on the 10th of July to sign up for the range as it's the best outdoor range in my area.

In the mean time, what range in Pennsy with pits would allow for tactical-type shooting? Are there ranges that we can rent for the day and we can be in charge of ourselves? I'm just tossing idea's out there.

Most on the eastern border require membership. If usana wasn't on the brink of being shut down I'd say come down here.

Do you want pits for three sided shooting or will a "square" range work provided we rso it ourselves..

Most on the eastern border require membership. If usana wasn't on the brink of being shut down I'd say come down here.

Do you want pits for three sided shooting or will a "square" range work provided we rso it ourselves..

3-sided would be ideal of course, but as long as it's in the pits and we can RO ourselves I'm happy.

I'll need some help.

The requirements we would need are:

Pits, we gotta have pits. Not sure we could do it without them.

Multi-caliber pits that allow for shotgun and if possible rifle.

Shooting while moving and holsters are a must.

I don't know what range in Eastern PA that has that but maybe one of you guys here does. I'd also consider renting out a section of range to allow us to RO ourselves. I'd need a price and we all could chip in and have a blast.

I found this on the PA website:

A range may be reserved for exclusive use by an organized group from January 1 through October 1. An organized group desiring to reserve the range shall make necessary arrangements through the appropriate regional director or a designee at least 20 days in advance.

http://www.portal.state.pa.us/portal/server.pt?open=514&objID=937862&mode=2

Where is this range? Are they pits or ports? seems interesting if it can work.

Ray, being you are joining OBRPC the pits there are good for that as long as the style of shooting is similar to USPSA. Just about anything is good as long as it's safe and doesn't violate the club policy's and some of the folks who responded are members and it's only 1 more month and I will be able to guest someone in to check it out also. They will give you a whole rundown of the rules, I'd say as long as it's at targets, not shooting into anything but the backdrops and keeping in the 180 rule from down range it should be good.

What were your ideas in what you wanted to do, if you want to PM me on that, that's cool.

Harry