matt6669

SARCO = Epic Fail

So Eric and I took a ride down to Sarco this morning because today was their grand opening for their brand new store. And all I can say is I won't be back any time in the near or far future. This place utterly and entirely blows now. I feel like I'm in a store WORSE than a NJ Gunstore.

First thing you notice when walking in the door is it's no longer the dark dusty sarco anymore. They have a ton of lights, and you see wait for it, wait for it, wait for it, friggin GLASS CASES. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!?????? THIS IS PA SINCE WHEN DOES A GUN SHOP USE GLASS CASES.

Well maybe they are just putting the really expensive guns in the glass an leaving the cheaper stuff free to the touching. NEGATIVE.

Every single one of their guns are locked up. They also didn't have anyone working the floor, so if you wanted to see a gun, you had to go wait in line, ask someone to help you and then they would come out and unlock a case or a gun for you. I've never been in such a mood to not buy a gun from a place, I think I've had a warmer gun shopping experience at the bullethole than the new Sarco.

And to top it off, their prices weren't all that fantastic. They had mosins for 96 bucks which is fairly decent, yugo mausers for I think 275 and up which in my opinion is about 50 dollars too high across the board. I didn't see a single psl. They had one Finn that we noticed at about 300 which is also another 50 dollars priced too high.

The only nice deal they had was a Luger at 700 bucks. But it was obviously a non numbers matching, mismatched luger with an ok finish. If I had a pistol permit I MIGHT of asked for help, but would of had to get at least another 50 knocked off it before I entertained it since I'd still have to pay shipping and a transfer. I didn't even look in their big glass cases to see what they had because you can't really see that good through the glass and it's just a very inpersonal experience. I don't know about you guys but when I buy a gun I want to be able to hold it, and see if it speaks to me and look it over real good etc. When it's in a glass case you can't do any of that, and before I can even warm up to it to maybe ask someone for help I'm already at the end of that aisle and moved on.

Lastly they now have a larger showroom so instead of putting more guns in the showroom they just filled it up with useless crap. I'd venture to say the old sarco had more guns out on the floor by twice the amount than they currently have on their floor. And they definitely were not selling a lot of guns because Eric and I got there about 11, they opened at 10, and almost EVERY slot in the racks were filled and we were there for over an hour and I didn't see a person bring out a single gun to refill the racks.

sorry but I won't be back until I hear about some positive experiences from other people.

Figured I would share my experience since I know a lot of people have been talking about going.

M

yes they moved because they lost their license in NJ.

Petros I honestly wouldn't waste your time. The only nice this is that IMA is literally 2 blocks over so you can hit both of them. So if your going to stop by IMA i guess poke a head into sarco since your out there

I've always had decent experiences with SARCO, I've found some cool stuff at the old show room for good prices. I went to the new showroom one time and bought a cheapo chinese made 4x20 illumanted AR scope. The scope was marked 69 bucks, brand new in the box. When I brought it up to the counter the guys told me that they have been having issues with those scopes and they gave it to me for 30 bucks. I have been shooting with it, and its an excellent scope that works perfectly, reticle lights up in either green or red and its dead on accurate, no problems with it at all. Despite all the negative press I've read about SARCO, they've never done wrong by me. I was a little dissapointed with the lack of parts at the new showroom, the old one used to be a great place to go to pick up odds and ends at good prices. I got a pair of vintage aged sambar stag 1911 grips for 5 bucks at the old SARCO, grips like these fetch prices over 200 bucks on ebay and gunbroker. The new showroom doesnt have any of the old cool junk laying around, but I still walked out of there satisfied with my purchase.

Sarco has never been a place to get deals on stuff that other people have.

I went to the Easton store about 2 weeks ago and bought an M1919 Browning Machinegun parts kit. That is what Sarco is good for.

I actually was surprised by the store and the people working there - pleasantly. Because I have low expectations for them. Not all of the guns are under glass. They have guns and parts kits all over the place. If you were looking for piles of unorganized crap covered with dust, I have to admit, they didn't have that in stock.

The place is spacious, well-lit, and they have a wide variety of cool ****. I was impressed. Don't go there to buy a Glock, Ruger, or AR, you should know better.

75% of the time my schedule is flexible, time or day doesn't matter. So PM me if you guys go out there and I'll meet you if I can get away.