RecessedFilter

Cabela's Specials

Just went to Cabela's today for their sale and Herters 7.62x39 on sale for $4 a box and Sellier & B 9mm 115gr is $10 a box.

I want to give everyone a heads up as these prices are pretty darn good..

I bought the S&B 9mm last time they had a sale and experienced FTEs every third round with my Sig p250. Phil at SS was even puzzled because the gun shot flawlessly with everything else. I did notice that the rounds felt slightly tacky out of the box. Still have 200+ rounds. Maybe I should soak them in some dish washing liquid.

I bought the S&B 9mm last time they had a sale and experienced FTEs every third round with my Sig p250. Phil at SS was even puzzled because the gun shot flawlessly with everything else. I did notice that the rounds felt slightly tacky out of the box. Still have 200+ rounds. Maybe I should soak them in some dish washing liquid.

I've shot through 1500 rounds of the S&B in my HK USP, BHP, and Sig 226 without a single failure.

I've shot through 1500 rounds of the S&B in my HK USP, BHP, and Sig 226 without a single failure.

My mags or gun then?

You may have gotten a bad batch... especially if everything else ran through the gun.

Any harm in soaking them in hot soapy water? ie: leakage, wet powder., because I believe it has to do with the tacky shells.

Any harm in soaking them in hot soapy water? ie: leakage, wet powder., because I believe it has to do with the tacky shells.

I'd contact S&B directly before soaking them in water.

I've put 500 rounds of SB 9mm through my HK P30. The 6 times I've seen the slide fail to lock back on the last round was during that 500. Before(~1000 rounds) and since (~1000 rnds) with different brands it's not occurred again.

Just went to Cabela's today for their sale and Herters 7.62x39 on sale for $4 a box and Sellier & B 9mm 115gr is $10 a box.

I want to give everyone a heads up as these prices are pretty darn good..

The Sportsman's Guide club price is $10.67 for 50... http://www.sportsmansguide.com/net/cb/sellier-bellot-pistol-9-mm-luger-115-gr-fmj-50-rds.aspx?a=148319

Good pricing and occasionally free shipping. The cost of shipping is still cheaper than driving out to Cabela's and back.

the simmons spotting scope at $9.99 isn't bad either. Comes with a mail in rebate for $10 bring the cost down to $49 shipped after rebate.

anybody wanna go in on two to save on shipping?

Although ordering off the net is always easy, I don't mind the drive to Cabelas as I live in western NJ and I go out there to buy other stuff as well, so it's not too bad for me.

J0n, sorry I didn't post this up sooner or else I would have gotten you whatever you needed when I was out there this morning. Being there at 8am when the doors open is awesome, it's like you and 5 other early birds.

Never had any problems with S&B 9mm, I'd suggest it to anyone.

Czech ammo in a Czech gun, flawless performance is to be expected. Last time I was at the range, a guy in the next port over had a new Beretta 92FS that was choking with each mag full of ammo. I asked him what he was shooting and he said, "some crappy S&B ammo from the czech republic." I then loaded up a mag of his ammo in my CZ 75B and it ran flawlessly. He was shocked. Eastern Europeans are used to running crap through their guns ;)

I'd contact S&B directly before soaking them in water.

I sent S&B an Email and now waiting for a reply, in the interim I wiped down 15 rounds with a mild degreaser, dried them and then wiped them down with a silicone coated cloth and taking them to the range next week. Seem like a bit of effort in order to shoot them but we'll see.