Sign in to follow this  
alec.mc

New Knife - S&W Search and Rescue

Just thought i'd share:

This was sort of an impulse buy I came across while browsing amazon, It's a Smith and Wesson Search and rescue knife, Made by Taylor Brands.

Seems to be a pretty decently made knife, it's made in china, but it feels extremly sturdy, solid and feels like it will take a beating. Even the sheath isnt half bad, comes with a little sharpener in the front pocket.

All in all I feel it's a great buy @ 20 dollars!

.... Though, I wouldnt carry this every day. :icon_rolleyes:

http://www.amazon.com/Smith-Wesson-CKSUR1-Bullseye-Search/dp/B000UUR6OI/ref=cm_cmu_pg__header

Pics:

5931775952_05d4f0df53_b.jpg

5931220111_bb42af6eb7_b.jpg

I EDC a S&W folder, they do make pretty decent knives for everyday things. Will they hold up to the world ending? No. But for the normal everyday things that I come across, I LOVE my knife. They're really a great deal for the money spent. Can you possibly take a picture next to a deck of cards, telephone, pack of cigarettes....something to give a sense of proportion?

I EDC a S&W folder, they do make pretty decent knives for everyday things. Will they hold up to the world ending? No. But for the normal everyday things that I come across, I LOVE my knife. They're really a great deal for the money spent. Can you possibly take a picture next to a deck of cards, telephone, pack of cigarettes....something to give a sense of proportion?

Sure thing,

5931392669_92498cbab0_b.jpg

I opted for the folding one... http://www.amazon.co...10516116&sr=1-1

I have that as well. Very hefty folder. I keep it in my Executive Protection bag with other goodies that is usually within reach.

This folder mentioned also has the infamous glass breaking point that was a 'must have' on a Glock magazine to open vehicle windows. IIRC, that thread went about 10 pages of pure internet babble...and I certainly did my part. :banghead:

PICS!

Glad I'm not the only one with a survival type knife in their cars.

Not at all. I keep a big Maglite flashlight, a hefty fixed blade Buck knife, a couple bottles of water, and a blanket in my car at all times.

I have that as well. Very hefty folder. I keep it in my Executive Protection bag with other goodies that is usually within reach.

This folder mentioned also has the infamous glass breaking point that was a 'must have' on a Glock magazine to open vehicle windows. IIRC, that thread went about 10 pages of pure internet babble...and I certainly did my part. :banghead:

Would your Executive Protection bag happen to be this one? http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/ItemDetail.aspx?sku=CASE-022

Would your Executive Protection bag happen to be this one? http://www.cheaperth...px?sku=CASE-022

Nope, that is too obvious. More like a black soft sided briefcase / pc case. Inside it has three compartments with little features and on the outside, the rear panel has molle webbing and decent size pockets on the ends that can fit a nice sized mag light or a large bottle of water in it. I keep my IWB holster inside the case with either a Glock 19 or my Sig P229 in the holster. Makes it real easy to pull the holster out and slip it inside your waist band when I can legally do so.

This is probably the closest I can find that looks like it. Mine does not have the big pouch on the outside but is covered in webbing. Between this bag and the one listed below, I can easily carry enough goodies to keep things safe (including a robust first aid / trauma kit) while looking like I am going to the office or the gym. Plus my laptop, flashlight, rain poncho, note pad, pens, GPS unit, deodorant, oral hygiene kit, protein bars, batteries, etc.

Computer Bag

This holds an AR quite nicely broken down along with a change of clothes, a nice supply of magazines (non-literature type) and other overnight things. I've been using this one for years.

AR Travel Bag