cbr929rcr

Here is one for you.........

I am new to this gun thing so just bare with me......I ride a Honda sport bike and i just checked and there is no trunk or glove box How do I transport my hand gun from home to range.

Get a range bag and transport it in that and secure that to the bike, I would avoid a tank mounted bag.

Harry

I am new to this gun thing so just bare with me......I ride a Honda sport bike and i just checked and there is no trunk or glove box How do I transport my hand gun from home to range.

the same way anyone else would.. unloaded in a place that is not immediately accessible.. since the gun will technically be within your reach anywhere.. I would put a lock on the gun OR the container it is in (to satisfy that the gun is not immediately accessible)..

the same way anyone else would.. unloaded in a place that is not immediately accessible.. since the gun will technically be within your reach anywhere.. I would put a lock on the gun OR the container it is in (to satisfy that the gun is not immediately accessible)..

that is what I am doing now.....but wasnt sure that was the "right" thing

Here is what I have considered but never tried.

Use a back pack

locked pistol bag.

My link

Locked back pack

UTL%20851D-WI_P.jpg

buy the ammo there is safest, but with saddlebags for the ammo and the locked back pack I think you would be good to go.

having two locks is redundant IMO... a firearm transported in a non immediately accessible compartment (bag, box, trunk, etc..) is the standard IMO..

it is not to say that TWO locks will hurt.. but I think it equally reasonable to say TWO locks won't help..

having two locks is redundant IMO... a firearm transported in a non immediately accessible compartment (bag, box, trunk, etc..) is the standard IMO..

it is not to say that TWO locks will hurt.. but I think it equally reasonable to say TWO locks won't help..

The second one is more of the "might help if pulled over- but good to have if you end up on the pavement."

I lock my BP when I have my laptop for the same reason.

The second one is more of the "might help if pulled over- but good to have if you end up on the pavement."

I lock my BP when I have my laptop for the same reason.

good call makes complete sense!

the ONLY addition to all this talk is this.. since you are transporting a gun in a somewhat less conventional way.. you better be extra sure to go ONLY to and from approved places.. when the gun can NOT be stored in the vehicle.. you can not even make a "pee stop" because the second you get off the bike you are not carrying around a gun.. which if teh situation arises will likely land you in hot water..

When I ride to the range I run a zip tie thru the action,lock the box,into the saddlebag and the ammo goes in the other saddlebag.It might seem a bit much with the zip tie but I would rather be safe than sorry in a unconventional transport issue during a traffic stop.Of course if you have a dresser that bags lock and that solves alot. :icon_mrgreen:

Not sure how big the picture will be as I suck at uploading large images but this is my setup. Well technically this is my set up for long distance trips but usually I lose the saddlebags and just use a tankbag and tailbag. Sometimes I will keep the saddlebags if I am bringing a lot of crap. Besides them, I can fit two pistols as well as ammo in the tailbag and I put stuff like magazines/holsters/accessories in my tankbag.

I don't think you need to worry about everything being locked and such unless you plan on doing a lot of speeding or reckless riding to or from the range.

post-2200-0-61892200-1311136833_thumb.jpg

I rode to the range several times and kept it real simple. Only one pistol locked in a pistol case in one saddlebag, ammo in a locked pistol case in the other and both bags locked. That's a lot of locks, and I'm pretty sure it exceeds the laws. I pick a route to the range where I'll enjoy the ride, avoiding the GSP. Nice back roads on the way to Shore Shot. Even better back roads to Fort Dix.

There are plenty of accessories for sport bikes, including throw over saddlebags made of kevlar or something similar, trunks etc.

what about long guns? i've been considering how to transport my ar & shotgun to the range on my sport bike using a case like this:

MOLLE-1005_A.jpg

I'm sorry, I find this kinda funny. So funny I am hoping it is a joke.

I appologize if it isn't. I imagine that would act as a parachute, or a spoiler, strapped to your back.

It also looks like it would hang down beolow the butt. You would need a pretty short seat.

I'm sorry, I find this kinda funny. So funny I am hoping it is a joke.

I appologize if it isn't. I imagine that would act as a parachute, or a spoiler, strapped to your back.

It also looks like it would hang down beolow the butt. You would need a pretty short seat.

Joke or not one of my old chops had the old king/queen seat with tall sissy-bar and I could have strapped it to that without a problem, hey it was tall enough I used to ride my bike from SanBerdoo to the Big Bear with a set of skis strapped to them. Ahh the days of riding in 70-80 degree mornings in the low land to afternoon mountain skiing in the same day. :)

Harry

Joke or not one of my old chops had the old king/queen seat with tall sissy-bar and I could have strapped it to that without a problem, hey it was tall enough I used to ride my bike from SanBerdoo to the Big Bear with a set of skis strapped to them. Ahh the days of riding in 70-80 degree mornings in the low land to afternoon mountain skiing in the same day. :)

Harry

Oh man, you NEED to post a pic if you have that! :rofl:

Oh man, you NEED to post a pic if you have that! :rofl:

No pics of that being when I had that, pre cell phones, well not exactly but the brick I had at the time didn't have any fancy stuff on it, that and no digital cameras, might have a Polaroid of the bike someplace. By the way this was back on 84, 85 just to give you an idea of when this was. lol

Harry