Sign in to follow this  
gunnarsport

CRRC club, West Winsdor?

Hi,

Any club members here from CRRC in West Windsor?? I have tried to contact them with both emails and phone messeges, but I am getting no response

back. This club, along with CJRPC in Jackson, are the two clubs I am considering joining.

What are the pros and cons of both clubs? Which club is cleaner, more freindly and modern? I have ruled out Fort Dix.

Also, do you have to be a club member at CRRC to take the NRA training courses?

Thanks

Don't need to be a member to take their classes.

Citizens is a highly controlled club now based on where they are located. Decent and convenient for pistol shooters, but unless you are a shotgun guy, look to CJ.

Citizens

Pro: 2 25 yard indoor ranges, 24/7

Close

Cons: 5 rounds max in each pistol mag, single shot for rifle. Limited shooting times, max out at 100 yards.

CJRPC

Pro: Almost everything.

Cons: Potential turn off is the fairly high start up investments. $400 Cap contribution, $265 for annual dues.

Member at CJ, let me know if you want me to show you around.

Thanks for the info.

5 rounds max in a mags...really?? Why is that?

How about revolvers? Any limit?

Citizen's is an older Bullseye club. Also, because it is right dab smack in the middle of West Windsor, they don't really have a choice.

Both are great clubs. I have friends at both. Citizens is a little more strict than most, and has had to put money in to fight a complaint where a homeowner showed-up at a town council meeting with a pristine bullet (9mm with no rifling or damage at all) that they said they dug out of their roof. Total BS IMHO since only rifle rounds are fired in that direction or could have traveled that far.

CJ has everything, is a lot more spread-out, and can accommodate more members shooting at once at different disciplines. CJ does cost more. So my best advice is to visit both and see for yourself which one you'd like to join based upon all of the various factors.

Dave

What is a Bulleye club??

He meant to write, "Bullseye", which is a hand gun discipline from long ago, using your strong hand only in strings or 5 or 10 rounds, with either a 60 or 90 shot COF. Check-out the NRA web site for more or go to www.njpistol.com .

Dave

CJ runs Wounded Warrior Shoots, Women's Day at the Range, Family Day, helps Boy Scouts with rifle & shotgun Merit Badges, etc. Some of your dues money goes to really worthwhile projects that are community oriented. Also consider these things when looking for a club to belong to.

I'm a member of both clubs.

As others have mentioned, CRRC is hampered by West Windsor ordnances and they have to comply in order to stay open. It is also an all volunteer club and members need to put in 12hrs of work per year in addition to $165 of yearly fees.

CJRPC is probably the best shooting club in NJ, but dues have the $400 initiation fee and $265 yearly membership hee.