Steve_G

NJ Firearms Guild

I posted this in the handguns section as part of my quest for a sub compact 9. Just thought they deserved a post here as well. It was just one positive visit but, looks like maybe they are trying to change their rep.

I have never been much of a fan of NJ Firearms Guild, was never made to feel comfortable there. Well, looks like they have a couple new guys working there now. One of them, Rob, was very helpful and seemed to enjoy playin with the guns as much as I did. I was pleasantly surprised, especially since I told him from the start, I was there to look at these guns and see which ones fit my hand the best. I made it clear that I was just narrowing it down and then I would have to shoot the ones that I liked. In other words, there would be no sale today. He understood and was very helpful. Enough so that I may even give them a shot at the sale once I reach my final deciscion.

Even threw in some ammo for me

Thought I was a noob, but when I called FAG and asked if their gunsmith was Sig certified, I was told yes. Went in looking to see if my P229 DAK trigger could be smoothed out - the gunsmith (who I believe is the FAG owner) asked "what's a DAK trigger"? I left.

Later on I went bck to buy P229 9mm mags. The sales guy (not Matt) rang up and bagged P226 mags for me.

Buddy of mine took me OBPRC to show off his new Custom Kimber that he bought from FAG. He scrimped and saved for this and was excited. Had constant failures to feed - seems that the extra mags FAG sold to were not for his model.

I have to say that the first time I was if NJFAG I did not feel very welcome either. However, I was in there today and it was a great experience. They went out of their way to help a coworker and I.

I didn't buy anything but I looked at some stuff you just don't see much.

I've only bought 30 or more guns there in the last many years so what can I say? Get to know them. They are great!

I don't think you should have to "get to know them" at a gun shop to to be happy with them. They should "get to know" us. Us being the customers.

• Like 3

bought a handgun from them in sept ,didnt haggle , the salesperson didnt impress me . after the sale he didnt even say thanks for the sale . after the sale a dealer from pa. called me and said he located me a ruger sr1911 which njfag said it would be impossible to get . so i called njfag and explained to them that i bought a new gun from them a week ago and after my 30 day wait could they do a transfer for me . the manager said we dont like to do that cause they sell new guns , but he would do me a favor since i just bought a gun from them . he would do it for $100.00 . searched around and found a place for $25.00 THANKS NJFAG WAY TO TREAT CUSTOMERS

bought a handgun from them in sept ,didnt haggle , the salesperson didnt impress me . after the sale he didnt even say thanks for the sale . after the sale a dealer from pa. called me and said he located me a ruger sr1911 which njfag said it would be impossible to get . so i called njfag and explained to them that i bought a new gun from them a week ago and after my 30 day wait could they do a transfer for me . the manager said we dont like to do that cause they sell new guns , but he would do me a favor since i just bought a gun from them . he would do it for $100.00 . searched around and found a place for $25.00 THANKS NJFAG WAY TO TREAT CUSTOMERS

Had a similar experience with purchasing a handgun from them, was over priced, a little under MSRP but if I shopped around I could have found it a little cheaper from one of our friendly FFL's here in the forum.

As far as transfers, they don't seem to want to do them and overprice them to avoid the hassle I guess, seems like Effengers is the same way with them, will never do business with either of them again, I would rather do business with someone who appreciates my business.

Harry

I've had good experiences at NJFAG.I recently purchased a used S and W revolver and the sales people were both helpful and friendly.They had a great selection of used handguns.I've been looking for a no dash no lock stainless Smith for a while and they were the only place I found in central NJ to have one.They also had plenty of pre-lock Smiths in good condition with what seemed to be reasonable prices.

I just went there the other day with my son and he bought a new SIG. I found it to be one of the best shops I have been in. A great selection of guns and some really impressive collectibles like the Luger's and some old Army 1911s.

It took a little while to be waited on but that was only because they they spent as much time with other customers as needed and did not rush anyone out. When it was our turn we had the same service. I found the guys to be knowledgeable and somewhat friendly.I saw people in there that were new to shooting and they didnt make them feel stupid or uncomfortable at all. They took the time and explained the weapons to them and answered any questions they had.

The total experience was positive and I would definitely go back.

On the other hand I have found that in many shops the personal could be somewhat quirky.

I see all kinds of complaints about

Sayerville Sportsman for example. But in all the years I have gone there I have not had a problem.

I think in short its best to find a shop and get to know the guys there. Its no different than any other business when you get to know the people and become a regular the service is always better.

Customer service there is awesome, I live really close so I go fairly often. I bought a Carbine from then last month with no sights and just so I can shoot it they let me borrow a $300 red sight and just trusted that I would bring it back.. That's pretty cool of them. I currently have a xdm45 5.25 waiting for me there that I'm dying to pick up already. And I will most likely buy from them again soon... There is this Henry Golden Boy i have my eyes on.. But yeah customer service is awesome, even when they know I'm not there to buy they spend ridiculous time following me around the shop and pulling out and informing me about any hand gun I want to check out.. Gets to the point where you have to tell them to help someone else out who might actually buy something lol.. I have bought from bullet hole before and as far as atmosphere and comfort from the help NJFG definitely wins out.