I am really tired of the attitudes of many dealers. As a paying customer, I really expect more from them. I know that many are hurting, and I know that the laws in this state annoy them as much as they do all of the 2nd Amendment Citizens, but they really can be apathetic sometimes. When I have money in hand and I know what I want, they are quite unwilling to order me what I want if they don't have it. They would rather that I purchase from their existing stock, though. They would also not assist me in locating what I want, used, and they would not attempt to see if another local dealer had what I wanted in stock. And the clincher is that I have spent a lot of money in some of their stores and with each frustrating purchase, they don't treat me like a valid returning customer. In truth, they are not all like that. But many of them are. It is hard enough trying to circumnavigate the unconstitutionally-based laws, and they have to make it even harder.

I would only purchase privately if that was even an avenue in this State, so as not to deal with many of them.

Am I alone, or have others experienced dealers that don't seem to have the right attitude?

I feel your pain. Fortunately, I live in Central jersey so I can go to Tony at TJ sporting Arms who has completed four flawless transactions for me so far (He will order practically whatever you like) and Shore Shot in Lakewood where I have bought 5 or 6 firearms. Once they got to know me, I could just call them, tell them what I want, they give me a price and will order for me if I give them the nod! I pay when I pick it up and they have never disappointed me.

There are some with this attitude for sure.

As for locating used firearms for you - yeah, good luck with that. You're better off looking at gunbroker or auctionarms to locate a suitable used piece and having it shipped to either Lincoln Park Hardware or Action Shooters Supply who have the lowest transfer fees in North NJ.

I use Gunbroker a lot. My FFL laughs when I send him an email with a fax # to send his FFL info to. He said I must really love revolvers! He tries to locate me guns, he has a lot of contacts. He also does not mind one bit when I have stuff sent to him. He gets paid for the transfer, he doesn't do this for a living, but boy does he do a TON of transfers. He will also order me any new gun I want, as long as it is NJ-legal.

If you don't like the way you are treated go someplace else, no reason you have to give them your business, there are plenty of good FFL's here on the forum and the Price Quote section here on the forum is a great starting place, you can even say where you are located and how far you are willing to travel save some of them the time sending you information you have not intention in buying from them.

As other said PK90, TJ and Ira in Marlboro are the 3 FFL's I have dealt with and also Shore Shot and never had a problem with any of them.

Harry