tbtrout

It's all gone

It was a sad day in reloading , I finally used the last of my metal canned IMR powders. IMR 4064 was the holdout. Now I am stuck with the plastic jugs. Time to go to Gene's tonight and restock.

I remember when oil came in metal cans and you bought (ok, my dad didn't but rich peoples COULD buy) a metal spout that you jammed into the top of the can.

I remember when oil came in metal cans and you bought (ok, my dad didn't but rich peoples COULD buy) a metal spout that you jammed into the top of the can.

Your dad probably didn't use metal cans, he used cardboard cans with a metal top that you jammed into the can. Doing the math here, they ended metal cans at the end of WWII. If you dad was of driving age, that means he would have had been 16 in 1945 or born at the latest in 1929 which would make him 82 now. Considering your age, it's possible your dad is that old but he was probably younger when he had you meaning he only ever would have used Cardboard cans.

Your dad probably didn't use metal cans, he used cardboard cans with a metal top that you jammed into the can. Doing the math here, they ended metal cans at the end of WWII. If you dad was of driving age, that means he would have had been 16 in 1945 or born at the latest in 1929 which would make him 82 now. Considering your age, it's possible your dad is that old but he was probably younger when he had you meaning he only ever would have used Cardboard cans.

Cardboard cans with metal tops... Dad probably didn't drive until the 50's, unless you count a team of horses which probably was about as soon as he could walk...

Cardboard cans with metal tops... Dad probably didn't drive until the 50's, unless you count a team of horses which probably was about as soon as he could walk...

I remember those, what a pain in the a**, the oil would leak out where the spout went into the can and make a mess.

About the same vintage as juice in large metal cans, soda in large glass bottles, and milk in one gallon cardboard cartons.