Lou

10 week waiting period for hand gun purchace order?

Here is a list compiled by forum members of how long the wait was for them. My link For my most recent permits it took 29 days for 3 pistol permits, you can also call and politely ask what is the status of your permits. References can be a big hold up so make sure they've sent their letters back in.

its NEVER the state, it is ALWAYS the town or barracks that delay this. I have gone and gotten permits in as little as 5 days. If your references send them back right away, there is NO reason that you have to wait other than the fact that the place doing it doesn't care.

Not true. I have to go thru the NJSP since our town doesn't have its own police. Been waiting 3 months and counting...

I did a background check on myself. Took three days from my finger printing to receive the letter in the mail from the State Police with the results. Three days. They can turn these applications around in a week if they wanted to. The 30 days allotted by law if certainly reasonable given that NJ is a shall issue state. Anything longer than 30 days is the local PD's problem, not the citizens but the courts won't enforce the law. What can you do expect vote in representatives that want to uphold the law.