jcerillo70

GSG 522 pistol legal in NJ???

Actually the Glock DOESNT count...Just to pick nits. The G-18 was a Select-fire Copy of a semiautomatic pistol..Not the other way around. The Model 17 was developed first, the 18 was derived from the 17's design.

I was responding to Paul.. saying even IF you went that route.. and gave it #5 for shits and giggles.. it is STILL only one dis-qualifier.. not two.. :icon_e_wink:

Called CDNN and they said it was fine to ship to NJ, Called my FFL and he said hes fine with it.

Messaged my buddy Evan Nappen and waiting for the final OK then we will be rockin the Skorpian !!!

------------------

Update: According to my lawyer, turns out because of the auto version, it kills this idea no matter what. Even if the name is different ;(

NJ got me again dash1.gif

Called CDNN and they said it was fine to ship to NJ, Called my FFL and he said hes fine with it.

Messaged my buddy Evan Nappen and waiting for the final OK then we will be rockin the Skorpian !!!

------------------

Update: According to my lawyer, turns out because of the auto version, it kills this idea no matter what. Even if the name is different ;(

NJ got me again dash1.gif

your lawyer is erring on the side of caution.. this is what I originally was stating in regards to the auto version..

if you read the law LITERALLY then it IS a no go.. while that might not be practice.. he is siting the same reason I was.. and unfortunately.. to the letter of the law.. I agree with him..

your lawyer is erring on the side of caution.. this is what I originally was stating in regards to the auto version..

if you read the law LITERALLY then it IS a no go.. while that might not be practice.. he is siting the same reason I was.. and unfortunately.. to the letter of the law.. I agree with him..

When you call a lawyer and ask for legal advice, he is going to give you the most sanitized answer possible since it is his job to ensure you don't get in any trouble. He probably knows the chance of you even being charged (much less convicted) with having an AW is slim, but he is there to keep you from the possiblity it could happen.

This is the same reason why reloading books have all been lawyerized with low charge numbers, reduce risk to the lowest possiblity.

When you call a lawyer and ask for legal advice, he is going to give you the most sanitized answer possible since it is his job to ensure you don't get in any trouble. He probably knows the chance of you even being charged (much less convicted) with having an AW is slim, but he is there to keep you from the possiblity it could happen.

This is the same reason why reloading books have all been lawyerized with low charge numbers, reduce risk to the lowest possiblity.

does the magazine attach outside the pistol grip? YES

is it a semi automatic version of an automatic firearm? YES (as far as others are saying)

does it LOOK like the kind of gun NJ would pick on to prove a point? as in does it look like a scary baby killing assault weapon? sure.. as KD hit on.. number 5 is intentionally vague.. if someone wants to roll the dice.. and they have an FFL that is feeling equally lucky.. then by all means.. go for it.. the issue with pistols is that number 5 qualifier is SO vague..

Everyone knows that once a pistol exceeds 50oz it comes to life and annihilates every

living thing around it. There's nothing anyone can do to stop it. Common knowledge

really.

Actually, the 50oz weight limit is a great qualifier, from an anti-gun standpoint. It eliminates virtually every "poor man's SBR" - because that's what these things really are. You don't think anyone actually fires a Draco, Skorpion, GSG, Bushmaster Pistol, etc. one handed do you? These things are essentially SBRs that manage to skirt legality by not having a stock and being manufactured as a "pistol". The fact that they don't have a stock is a moot point because you really don't need one <25yards anyway.

Anyway, the Rossi Mare's Leg "pistol" is NJ legal if you're looking for something of this type.

does the magazine attach outside the pistol grip? YES

is it a semi automatic version of an automatic firearm? YES (as far as others are saying)I disagree, but that's open to interpretation.

does it LOOK like the kind of gun NJ would pick on to prove a point? as in does it look like a scary baby killing assault weapon? sure.. as KD hit on.. number 5 is intentionally vague.. if someone wants to roll the dice.. and they have an FFL that is feeling equally lucky.. then by all means.. go for it.. the issue with pistols is that number 5 qualifier is SO vague..There are quite a few of these that have been sold already in NJ, I wouldn't consider it any more controversial than selling Saigas, PAPs, WASRs and the like which could always be reconstrued to be "Avtomat Kalashnikov type semi-automatic firearms" at the whim of the AG. Some dealers will not sell AK style rifles for the same reason you are concerned about the legality of the Scorpion, their lawyer thinks the law is too vague.

variants of the "the list" are required to follow the parts game....

"semi automatic version of an automatic" is an actual disqualifies..

AK is an AK.. a Saiga is a Saiga.. there are things about a Saiga that make it not substantially identical to an AK..

is the "full auto" a skorpion? if so the semi automatic one is a semi auto version of the full auto version..

which is a disqualifier..

again simply an opinion..more than willing to agree to disagree.. as I stated.. I am not well versed on the weapon system..

Wasn't the Intratec AB10 manufactured during the Federal Ban? The wording of the 1994 Crime Bill mimmiced the NJ wording regarding semi-auto pistols. It is a semi version of the Tec-9 with a mag outside pistol grip.

ETA:

The TEC-9 and, eventually, TEC-DC9 variants were listed among the 19 firearms banned by name in the USA by the now expired 1994 Federal Assault Weapons Ban (AWB). This ban caused the cessation of their manufacture, and forced Intratec to introduce a newer model called the AB-10, a TEC-9 Mini without a threaded muzzle and limited to a 10 round magazine instead of a 20 or 32 round magazine. However, it accepted the high capacity magazines of the pre-ban models.

ETA: Found a better LINK.

Wasn't the Intratec AB10 manufactured during the Federal Ban? The wording of the 1994 Crime Bill mimmiced the NJ wording regarding semi-auto pistols. It is a semi version of the Tec-9 with a mag outside pistol grip.

ETA:

ETA: Found a better LINK.

right but applying federal ban and legality to NJ rules may not go hand in hand even with them mimicking one another.. there is no guarantee that NJ would view the situation in the same light?

like I said.. I agree that the "semi automatic version of a fully automatic.." is a bunch of bs.. remember.. at the end of the day I am on the same side as you all are.. but like I have in the past.. I am just reading the law as it is written.. it is splitting hairs as most things in NJ law are.. I am not familiar enough with the weapon system to give an opinion about it being a "semiautomatic version of a full auto" not that my opinion would even matter either way..

at the end of the day.. it is going to be up to the individual.. AND the FFL providing service..