hd2000fxdl

Online Load Data

While I am working on my library of loading manuals and I'll keep getting printed books, I think its always good to have actual books to read, however I also have a lot of online data save from different sources and while I was doing a little looking around I did find a website that looks promising. It a Load Data site they are at the following URL : Load Data

It appears at first glance they have data from many of the load manuals you can purchase, not sure how in depth they go being you need to be a paid member that they list as for 29.95 per year you get access to many of the manufactures load manuals. They list it as over 300 dollars of manuals at your fingertips, this sounds great but I did notice right off the bat on there sign-up page, Lyman's is missing and lots of the load sources are either bullet and/or powder manufacturers data.

Now is this site really just a compilation or data that can be found for free elsewhere or is this the real McCoy and good resource for load data. The reason I ask is for what they promote I would have thought that I would have seen it mentioned here, at Brian Enos's website or at least come up in Internet searches more often than just stumbling upon it today for the first time.

So what's the good word???

I don't really see the point. In my very limited experience all the loads I've found online and in manuals had to be tweaked anyway. I find it's easiest to determine OAL for the gun I'm loading for, then start 20% or more below any load I find online with the same bullet weight and similar powder/oal. Work my way up by .1-.3gr increments until I hit the velocity I want.

ETA: If my first round cycles the gun completely I stop immediately, and load something lighter. Seems to work well for me so far.

While I am working on my library of loading manuals and I'll keep getting printed books, I think its always good to have actual books to read, however I also have a lot of online data save from different sources and while I was doing a little looking around I did find a website that looks promising. It a Load Data site they are at the following URL : Load Data

It appears at first glance they have data from many of the load manuals you can purchase, not sure how in depth they go being you need to be a paid member that they list as for 29.95 per year you get access to many of the manufactures load manuals. They list it as over 300 dollars of manuals at your fingertips, this sounds great but I did notice right off the bat on there sign-up page, Lyman's is missing and lots of the load sources are either bullet and/or powder manufacturers data.

Now is this site really just a compilation or data that can be found for free elsewhere or is this the real McCoy and good resource for load data. The reason I ask is for what they promote I would have thought that I would have seen it mentioned here, at Brian Enos's website or at least come up in Internet searches more often than just stumbling upon it today for the first time.

So what's the good word???

they do seem to have specific rainer load data i drove myself nuts trying to find, but i'm not sure i like the feel - almost like paying the 29.95 would just end up resulting in prompts for additional charges. has anyone paid the fee to get in?

Zach, that's what I was hoping to hear, while I know I have been to a lot of Powder company sites as well as bullet manufacturers sites and then the wealth of data that is just out there I figured between the load books I have on hand and the other stuff was a 1000 time what I need anyway, but if the site had all of the manuals like Speer, Lyman etc, I might consider it.

Didn't want to pay and check it out and find the 29 bucks was just the entry fee to the cliff notes version..

No idea what it was exactly but I was looking for load data for 40 S&W and VV N320, might have mixed in 180gr and minor PF. FMJ TMJ and a few other things. I know first time I ever saw the sight also, Looks promising in concept but not doing anything until I hear a little more about the site.

I prefer to have printed manuals myself. I joined that site last year and find it is better suited for the oddball rifle calibers that I load for not the 40 load I was looking for that it could not help me out with.

Tim, exactly what I was looking to hear, I only plan on loading the most common pistol calibers, and even though I bought the 650 so it could do rifle I would more than likely get a single stage for that, and 30-30 would be the only round I could see loading for what guns I own and I don't shoot it that much anyway.

Well not that particular site, I have gotten in on a free preview of a more well known pay site. I wouldn't pay for what is there. As for the load data site, I've only run int o their pay wall twice in my search for some load data. They aren't getting my money. It's clear that 99% of their stuff is freely available elsewhere.