david8613

got ahead of myself again.... need some help....

ok here is what i did please dont laugh!!! i put my low profile gasblock on before i put my barrel nut! duh!!! what was i thinking? thats what i get for rushing... but here is the kicker my gas block was very tight to begin with, it didnt want to just slide on like others I have seen. so i did the heat the gasblock on the stove for 2 mins proceedure and dropped her right in perfectly, but know im trying to get it off my barrel, i used a propane torch to heat the gas block again, not working. i destroyed a piece of wood dowel, i mangled a new hammer, i even used a heavy hammer and dented it slightly and the stupid dam gasblock wont even budge!!! im about to attack it with my dremel on the high setting!!! i swear, I will! any advice?

do you have a vice ?

Put the barrel between the jaws (muzzle up),, tighten them up against the barrel so there just touching, and let the gas block lay on top of the vice jaws , then use a plastic hammer or a block of wood and give the barrel a solid hit.

Make sure the pins are out

I tried that didn't work, scratched the barrel a little doing that, man it's tight...I got it in the freezer now, I'm gonna see if I can apply heat to the gas block quickly and wrench it off verses banging it out, this sucks balls... I was so close to getting her built...

man that sucker is on super tight, I put my barrel in the freezer, got it nice frozen, took the torch to her NADA! wrench, hammer nothing is working... I'm scratching up a brand new barrel, I'm pissed... I don't think the wood is gonna work.

i got it off! HELL YEAH! here is what i did, i took the barrel left in the freezer over night, i went to home depot to buy a nice new hammer, a big pin punch, and this stuff called pb blaster a strong penetrating oil. i took the barrel out the freezer put it in my vice, i hit it with some heat between 30 to 50 sec. and i hit it three times with the new hammer and large pin punch and out she came. didnt even need the pb blaster oil. the gas block is banged up, got a new one one the way not sure if im gonna use it yet. lessoned learned DO NOT START TO ASSEMBLE UNTIL YOU HAVE ALL OF YOUR PARTS together.