RecessedFilter

Yet again a new requirement for PP's/FID

I've applied 3 times for permits, and my PD has never verified my employment, not even for FPID. It's like the PD's need some ISO 9000 training.. How they can all operate so differently and in violation of the law is crazy..

Recessed... your call and I am prob going to tick you off and I dont mean to single you out because there are plenty of people on this board that have this same issue. If you dont stand up for yourself on a little issue like this, and be willing to deal with any petty consequence the powers that be try to inflict, when will you stand up? When your freedom is at stake? When our families safety is in question? How will you know when and what to do? Too many times I hear ".. I think it will be better if I just follow along so I can get my PPP faster." Sorry but my sense of pride is larger then my need for quick materialistc fullfillment. Call the SP and then hand in your forms and tell them you called the SP for the very reason as your paystub is private and is not required.I do not want to pick a fight here... I am giving you one old man who hates what the state does to the citizens of NJ, opinion. Rant off and fire away.

I appreciate your feedback and opinion, Axeman, I really do. Now I do agree with you for the most part, but I guess where we go in different directions is where you talk about 'just so I can get my PP's faster'.

From that point on, for THIS SPECIFIC situation, I have to bring Maks' post in here and say that his option #1 is what I think is the way it should be handled.

Listen, this might be an extra step that is not required for FID/PP's, but it isn't a document asking about our mortgage or a questionnaire on what we will be doing with the guns purchased or anything ludicrous like that. It is merely verifying that we work at the job you wrote down in the application, that's all.

Option 1.You hand in a copy of your paystub with all personal income stuff blacked out, only showing that you work there and be done with it. You deal with the fact that it is one extra form that you need to hand in, which while illegal, does help speed up the process and does not get you unwanted attention at work.

Option 2.You tell them to pound sand as handing in a pay stub is not required. Your Pd will then send out a letter or call your boss to verify employment. Even if they say they are only verifying employment, do you really want someone from the police department, calling your boss, at work, to ask about you.There is a difference between being right, and being effective.

This is one of those cases. I would rather be effective and choose option 1.

I think you are just being a big pussy about it. Call the NJSP and call your town on their bull ****. The more you allow them to get away with the further they will restrict you.

Better yet call and print out the law and highlight the appropriate sections for your local Leo. They very well be ignorant to the actual law...

Your desire to appease your police department nauseates me, we need to fight for what little rights we have.

• Like 1

I think you are just being a big pussy about it. Call the NJSP and call your town on their bull ****. The more you allow them to get away with the further they will restrict you.

Better yet call and print out the law and highlight the appropriate sections for your local Leo. They very well be ignorant to the actual law...

Your desire to appease your police department nauseates me, we need to fight for what little rights we have.

+100

If you actually read through this thread, I wouldn't have to tell you that I have already stated that the NJSP will be getting a call from me.