hiker88

Hunting Dog

I have heard of this happening before..

I also watched a guy drop his shotgun and shoothimself in the chest at a tower shoot in salem co.

The safety was on, this was an over under shotgun that would reset the trigger when fired.

The officers that were their could duplicate the cenaro every time they dropped it on the but it would fire with the safety on..I cannot remember the make of the gun but it was high end..

Tony... I had a Stevens 311 that would do that. Got it fixed after I discovered the issue. I dropped it in my storage room while cleaning it. I had closed it and set the safety, then it slipped out of my left hand and the butt hit the tile floor pretty hard. Thankfully unloaded, but I heard a noticable click of a firing pin moving. Checked the lock, then safety and both were still on, but the pin had "fired". Reset triggers, set safety and dropped the butt again... yep same thing. Smith changed all springs in gun and that seems to fix issue. I then traded it to him on another shotgun as I was wary of it from then on.

I bet that gentleman in Salem Co. was shooting a Superposed as I have heard of this happening with that gun more then I like.