JaredC

Sigarms P226.. Where To Buy

well i have 3 pistol permits and i havent bought anything yet which is shocking to myself... i got home from cabelas last night buying a nice field remington 870.... was in the gun room and they had a handgun that caught my eye.... the p226 blackwater edition.... didnt realize it was blackwater as in the private security forces overseas... out of 100 handguns i test held in my hand... this gun fit amazingggg.... the one there had a deep scratch on the front other then that it looked to be in good condition being it was used...

does anyone know of anyone that has one of these for sale in nj? gun shops? etc.... i have cash in hand if the price is rite....

About a month ago I bought the sig p226 extreme after lots of researching and renting. Most of the Sig 226 full size stuck me as same frame, just different bells/whistles. I wanted a version with fixed night sites and the SRT - 226 extreme was the only model to fit that bill. I don't see mention of SRT on the blackwater - if you can fire a 226 with and without that feature, I think you'll see a difference. Just my $0.02. Shop I ordered it had it in 4 days later from Sigarms - unfortunately ordered it prior to finding this forum...so I'm sure the affiliated shops here can do the same.

The blackwater was close to the tacops. They decided to go away from the blackwater gun after he blackwater problem in Iraq. It had the blackwater logo, I think it came with 4 hi-cap 20rnd mags also.

Nobody wants bad press.

Lol I was just wondering. I wonder if the factory p226 would fit your hand the same?

It looks the same as the p226 aesthetically. It seems like the BW edition has fiber optic sights and the engraving?

im just going to use it at the range probably 2 times a year.... i like the all black... and the black handgrips are very nice....

The blackwater was close to the tacops. They decided to go away from the blackwater gun after he blackwater problem in Iraq. It had the blackwater logo, I think it came with 4 hi-cap 20rnd mags also.

Nobody wants bad press.

so its a collectible now!??!!? :facepalm:

not sure... but i held one last night and it fits my hand like a custom les baer lol....

http://www.proguns.c...rblackwater.asp

i think what he is asking is since the only difference between the blackwater and the standard p226 was the beavertail and grips (frame wise) you can just about get any p226 and it should fit the same. a beavertail frame and these grips would get you there

http://www.topgunsupply.com/sig-sauer-p226-magwell-grips.html

I bought my sig from tony from tjsportingarms hes a vendor here. He gave me the best price I could find and hes great to deal with.

i was referred to him already and im going to give him a call tomorrow....

Jared,

it's not really collectable. Your paying a premium because of the blackwater label. I passed it up when I was looking at them.

is it limited in production or did they make a million of those too?

They made them , not sure on production amount but once blackwater killed like 10 civilians or whatever, Sig dumped the gun

10 less people to worry about lol.... i think it was 16-17 tho from what i remember in my college classes.. i should apply for a job with them .. maybe ill get the gun for free lol

10 less people to worry about lol.... i think it was 16-17 tho from what i remember in my college classes.. i should apply for a job with them .. maybe ill get the gun for free lol

-1 That's a pretty stupid and ignorant comment. They were innocent civilians.

-1 That's a pretty stupid and ignorant comment. They were innocent civilians.

just like the innocent children over there who throw rocks at our humvees...the innocent guys that are unarmed who pick up materials and fake detonators that we deliberately have fall off our trucks in supply convos over there..... no one over there is just a civilian..... and i can assure you these guys from blackwater werent just bored and felt like shooting down range... but what do i know im stupid and ignorant,,,,

well i have 3 pistol permits and i havent bought anything yet which is shocking to myself... i got home from cabelas last night buying a nice field remington 870.... was in the gun room and they had a handgun that caught my eye.... the p226 blackwater edition.... didnt realize it was blackwater as in the private security forces overseas... out of 100 handguns i test held in my hand... this gun fit amazingggg.... the one there had a deep scratch on the front other then that it looked to be in good condition being it was used...

does anyone know of anyone that has one of these for sale in nj? gun shops? etc.... i have cash in hand if the price is rite....

Shore Shot Pistol Range, Lakewood, NJ

Scig

Lol I was just wondering. I wonder if the factory p226 would fit your hand the same?

It looks the same as the p226 aesthetically. It seems like the BW edition has fiber optic sights and the engraving?

Check out the 226 E2 will fit from small to med. large hands, has a short trigger on it and an unbelievable

trigger reset.

Scig

• Like 1