mrlew

Fid 3 Month Plus Wait. What To Do?

Yes, apparently it took 3 months for the PD to send out the reference letters.

That is crazy ! I am currently waiting for some handgun permits....was told 6 to 8 weeks.

But both reference letters were sent out and mailed back in 1 week. So, hopefully things will go smooth.

Sounds like they may be concerned about his age. Aren't there states where you can't purchase pistols under 21? Good luck

I don't think his son was applying for PP, just FPID which once he turned 18 he has the write to have.

I think ExpendableRaj's point was that the "crimes" referenced could not be "fought". Up until the guy killed his cheating wife/affair there was NOTHING a PD could do to "fight" the crime that was committed. Cheating is a civil issue and PD resources are not to be wasted on civil issues. Sure, once the guy took the situation into his own hands an INVESTIGATION had to be done...but no active fighting of the crime could have taken place or used any resources that could have been devoted to something like protecting the rights of the citizens of the town by serving them in the manner of processing their paperwork in accordance with NJ law.

ac

Sounds like they may be concerned about his age. Aren't there states where you can't purchase pistols under 21? Good luck

It was just his FID, no PP. You are correct, in NJ you must be 21 or older to purchase a handgun. However the law states that the legal age to obtain an FID and purchase long guns is 18. What right does a local PD have to second guess the law? I think none.

A1398/S1584 would mandate that the NICS check be the exclusive method for determining whether or not an applicant is qualified and reduces the time allowed from 30 days to 10 days.

http://www.njleg.sta...500/1398_I1.PDF

What ever happened to this legislation? I am now approaching 2 months. I will be calling the FIU tomorrow then the local detective.

Federal Law says one must be 21 to buy a pistol from a FFL licensed dealer. There are states that allow for private sales of pistols for those under 21. In addition a few states allow conceal carry permits for those under 21 (Indiana).

What ever happened to this legislation? I am now approaching 2 months. I will be calling the FIU tomorrow then the local detective.

I talked to FIU a couple of days ago. The mental health checks are backed up in Bergen and Essex. Not sure who does them.

Division HQ does not give much info out to the local PD's anymore, and they can't do much without the OK from West Trenton.