Sign in to follow this  
Maksim

X-mas fun at CJ

So what's a jew to do on xmas?

Did not want to do chinese.... so went to CJ to break in some guns I just picked up.

after Troy and Eric bailed on me, went to CJ later in the afternoon. Looked like a busy day with tons of people in the pits.

SVI Infinity - yep.... there is a reason why they cost so much... they're worth it. =P Shot well, quite accurate, felt great in the hand.

Hk P7 PSP - totally awesome handgun. The recoil seemed non existent, shot extremely accurately. Will be a great carry gun. I am just so shocked at how great the ergonomics on the hk are.

Taurus 22lr Revolver - hehe, love the wheel guns, but perhaps I should of cleaned it better. Shot 100% single action, but double action, it only fired 8 out of 9 rounds. Seemed like light strikes? Will need help here.

and then of course...... went to see Mission Impossible 4 at the movies with Anastasia.

I always hear nothing but great things about the P7 PSP/m8/m13 except for the fact that you will probably burn your hands after a few mags lol. And yeah, it seems there is always a premium you must pay for HK mags and parts. The grip cocker mechanism looks extremely interesting though!

If you dump about five mags through a PSP in quick succession it will melt your hand off, an M8 will handle double. Maks, I don't think that the PSP is a good choice for those alphabet soup games you play. It is without a doubt a fine firearm, but it has it's limitations and the rapid fire heat up is a very real one.

If you dump about five mags through a PSP in quick succession it will melt your hand off, an M8 will handle double. Maks, I don't think that the PSP is a good choice for those alphabet soup games you play. It is without a doubt a fine firearm, but it has it's limitations and the rapid fire heat up is a very real one.

Thanks Jack, was waiting for you to chime in. Absolutely agree it is not a great idea for gun games... just seems like fun to try. =)

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• olight.jpg

Use Promo Code "NJGF10" for 10% Off Regular Items

• Supporting Vendors

• Latest Topics

• Similar Content

• By michael ruscingno
      Great shape! Taurus g2c 9mm with stainless steel slide. All condition shown in photos, pretty good condition! https://imgur.com/a/9ldPfTH (Photo album) 

asking $150 bucks plus buyer responsible for transfer. 

comes with two 10 round mags.

willing to meet local to ridgewood NJ Bergen, Passaic county areas, at FFL. Also comfortable with shipping at buyers expense 
    • By Maksim
      One of the guns I recently got in for testing is the Taurux TX22.
      I was drawn to it by the decent to good reviews I saw and that it is a 16+1 capacity and had an option for a threaded barrel.  Yes yes, sorry Jersey folks!
      Have about 200 or so rounds through the gun right now of various ammo, Winchester and Federal bulk packs, CCI mini mags and Remington Standard velocity.  
      Really awesome and no problems hitting steel at 25 yards or so.
      The big thing for me however is that it is a "standard size" plastic fantastic pistol and has a really nice trigger.
      All of that for under $300!  
      Not sure of the long term longevity but so far... am quite impressed.
      Let me know if you want to check it out and I figure the video will be out in a month or so.
    • By NYMetsFan86
      Does anyone know of a company that makes night sights for the Taurus PT809, or a company that makes a compatible alternative?
    • By Pythagoras
      So what's the skinny on Taurus firearms?

The reviews I've read/heard about Taurus run the gambit. I've heard people say they're junk, I've heard others say they're "decent for what they are" and I've even heard people RAVE about them. Some of these strong advocates have said things like Taurus bought the old Beretta factory in Brazil and kept the same workers on, and cite this as a reason for the PT92 being such a good clone of the 92Fs (not to mention, I've seen people prefer the PT92 because the safety is frame-mounted instead of slide-mounted).

I heard something similar about Taurus and Smith&Wesson being owned by the same parent company, with people saying the Taurus clones of S&W revolvers are supposed to be excellent. 

Can anyone speak to the truthiness levels of these rumors? How have your personal experiences with Taurus guns been?
    • Near it.  Now don't argue a few inches of penetration here.  That can vary to the testing conditions using ballistics gel.  But ballistics gel, properly used, gives a consistent standard for evaluation. 45 hardball runs about 30" of penetration.  9mm parabellum fmj runs 24-26". Not much difference.  I have seen 45 fmj hit heavy bone like a hip and not exit.  But the shot stopped the guy.  Made the bad guy fall down.  He dropped his gun in the process and offer no further resistance.  Remember, as good guys we dont shoot to kill we shoot to stop.  If you get the first shot off, miss the bad guy, and he drops his gun and surrenders that is a successful shoot. From the tests I've seen most of the 9mm copper rounds run about the same or a bit more than std fmj.  They get their penetration from their high velocity.  AFAIC I'd just as soon use fmj than pay the premium price copper rounds cost. Remember, once you get an entry and exit wound on the bad guy anything else is wasted and dangerous. There was a shooting by NYPD in the past few years.  IIRC the bad guy was kind of big and was coming after two NYPD officers with a knife.  Both shot him and they found bullets in the bad guys jacket.  Initially it was reported the jacket stopped the Gold Dot the NYPD officers were using.  When the boys (and girls) from forensics got done with their stuff the bullets had  penetrated the bad guy and lodged in the jacket.  Perfect performance of a SD bullet. There was another shooting outside the Empire State Building.  The bad guy wasn't that big. NYPD shot him and there were claims bystanders were hit by the NYPD bullets.  The crew from forensics proved the bystanders were hit by fragments of the NYPD bullets that had penetrated the bad guy.  So much for all the people who claim cops can't shoot. I bring these incidents up because I always wait "for the rest of the story" before making a judgement. I'm not a fan of +P except in 38 special.  I carry factory wadcutters in a j frame. Ive stated my reasons why several times.  However,  if you havent seen them pm me and I'll tell you.  NATO spec pressure falls between SAAMI spec and +P.  +P in 9mm really doesn't get you much more in performance over standard 9mm rounds. I've drifted from your question but felt my answer is applicable. The hollowpoint law in NJ only puts bystanders at risk.
    • Is that real? Either way it's funny as heck!