Gorilla800lbs

Greetings from the exotic and faraway Bergen County

Hello all,

I discovered these forums just couple of weeks ago, and before long found myself checking it every day and occasionally posting, so I realized that I ought to introduce myself, seeing how this forum has already been very helpful and educational to me.

A Fair Lawn resident for the last 10 years. Mostly predisposed towards hand-to-hand than firearms, but on our recent vacation trip to Mexico my wife got bitten by a shooting bug, and she's interested to practice. I know, the grim narco violencia Mexicana basically write themselves here. But back in high school (another time, another country) she was a great shot with .22LR, and it all came back to her, and I thought, why not? With a great surprise to myself I discovered that you can actually own firearms in NJ, despite all the red tape, and there is a vibrant enthusiasts community, and here I am, writing this and waiting ever patiently for my FID and P2Ps...

I hold views that probably would be labeled here as progressive or liberal, but at the same time it doesn't prevent me from being fascinated with the machinery that are firearms, to admire the skills of those who're proficient with them, and to respect and hold dear the rights of all of us, and to hold mine and our flip-side obligations of those rights seriously. In short, I hope my modest appearance here won't make these forums less enjoyable to anyone. :)

I don't have a good recent pic of myself with a firearm, so here is one with a bow instead.

post-4288-0-70398300-1326168379_thumb.jpg

• Like 1

Welcome to the forum, congratulations on losing the weight, must have shed close to 600lbs.. :icon_mrgreen:

Now that viewpoint?? huh, just keep an open mind on what you see here and know we as a group are for OUR Rights, while we support the 2A we are for punishment of real crimes with firearms, not BS laws that don't do anything to protect people.