AS350Driver

Old Bridge USPSA 1-22-12

Trust us guys, we don't like canceling matches, normally by the time the match was conceled hours and hours of work have already gone into it. We also like to see everyone go home with the same number of holes they came with, cars with not to many dents from untentional offroad adventures into a wood, and we'd like to leave the range before the sun sets and not try to get people's vehicles out of the mud by flashlights after hauling steel with 3 people.

• Like 1

Damn, I just can't get a break on the past 4 matches....

Until next time...

Edit: I might have seemed like snow [on the ground] wasn't a valid reason for canceling the match, but I completely understand the different reasons for cancellation. (Peoples commutes, safety at the match, tearing down/setting up). Just wanted to make that clear:)

Like was said no charge, just bring eyes and ears.

A question, whats you shooting experience? What handgun/handguns do you shoot. How many mags/speed loaders do you have for each. Do you have a holster that covers the trigger, mag holders. A holster is required, but mag holders are not but do help a lot.

The reason I mention all of this, is most people who observe are sorry they did, after they see what it's like they kick themselves in the butt for not just shooting the match. Just wanted to warn ya.

I'll be there a few minutes early, so look for a Grey Toyota matrix with 2 antennas and I'll have my black NJGF t-shirt on and an extra large DD Coffee. Come meet me and the others and we will show you around. Not sure if we will have enough people to have a full NJGF squad just yet, but we normally do as of late, this not only get you out to meet the people here, but it also help lessen any anxiety of shooting your first match. We don't look the other way or get lax with the safety rules at all, but we do help keep the match pressure down, and that's a big help for new shooters.

Currently i have very little shooting experience usually end up at a shooting range renting firearms or shooting one of my friends. I'm currently waiting for my FPID to come in with my pistol permit but once it does i will be looking to purchase a pistol the next day. Thank you for the offer and i will keep an eye out for yous I should be the one that looks out of place easy to spot :D . Knowing me I will be kicking myself but at least I will get to see and have some fun too. Always looking for a new experience. And just read they cancelled maybe next time!

Yes it does suck, many of us have already put in a couple hours of work that now amount to little more than an excerise. Part of what a lot of people don't realize goes on before the forst target stand is laid out and definately before the first shot is fired.

However as Nik indicated and Brian said, It is not only about the roads, it is about the staff and most importantly it is about safety. WIth the type of snow we have people running, even walking over a path repeatedly will pack the snow into ICE and running on Ice is definately a bad thing. This is a game, it is not training. We all want to go home in one piece.